• MarkBL20
    • Fern
    • bxdczoo
    • goldenfire
    • Keredos2
    • MaastrichianFan

Xtreme's Zoos

Xtreme

Okay, for those who don't know me, hey, I'm Xtreme. I was on a couple of other ZT sites many, many years ago, and quickly got a bit of a following due to what others said to be "awesome zoos" or "beautiful zoos" and stuff like that I apparently had. Now, I don't know what the heck they're talking about, but apparently people thought I had some artistic talent in zoo-making, as for a bit my zoo topic on one forum got about 110 pages and had the most replies of any topic on that forum ever. Okay fine, I'll stop bragging, I promise.

I left these sites after a bit, and never really went back until now because I thought the ZT community was dead. Apparently I was wrong! With that, I'm back in the ZT game, and here's my first move. I'll start with my recently-finished Ice Age zoo. What I considered "Ice Age" for this zoo was pretty generous: really any polar animals fit, as well as animals that had counterparts in the Ice Age like the camel and the Deinosuchus.

Here's the entrance, where you can see bits of the Beluga, Woolly Mammoth, and Arctic Wolf exhibits:

post-102146-134473359249_thumb.jpg

Woolly Mammoth exhibit, with the Terror Bird Aviary visible at the bottom-right:

post-102146-134473364412_thumb.jpg

Bowhead Whales, Saber-Toothed Cats, and the Frozen Carousel:

post-102146-134473373305_thumb.jpg

More Belugas, more Arctic Wolves that still are so camera-shy they're not appearing in the screenshots, and the Pleistocene Cafe:

post-102146-134473378414_thumb.jpg

Better view of the right-center part of the entrance area, with the Pleistocene Cafe, the Terror Bird Aviary, and the Eohippus Petting Zoo all visible. Oh yeah, and a volcano:

post-102146-134473383714_thumb.jpg

Now before anyone freaks out about the completely-wrong Grizzly Bear exhibit, don't worry, I have a hack that makes the animals happy in any exhibit. Helpful for someone like me who's more into ZT for the art than for the strategy. Also the Polar Bear exhibit:

post-102146-134473391966_thumb.jpg

Here's the left-center part of the entrance area, with the Human Ancestors House and the Oligocene Seafood Cafe visible:

post-102146-134473398334_thumb.jpg

A bit further up, and the Markhors and the Giant Tortoise exhibits are visible:

post-102146-134473401039_thumb.jpg

Camel exhibit, again showing the wonders of the "Easy Animals" hack. They're supposed to represent the giant camels that were prevalent in the Ice Age prairies. For some odd reason there's three of them right next to each other looking in the same direction. I have no clue why: maybe they're doing the camel version of the Charlie's Angels pose:

post-102146-134473415343_thumb.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what you get when you have two breeding pairs of Narwhals and Orcas in exhibits like this. Oh yeah, and the Ice Age Insects House:

post-102146-134473422797_thumb.jpg

A better look at the saber-toothed cat exhibit, as well as the Macrauchenia exhibit:

post-102146-134473427735_thumb.jpg

The Megatherium exhibit. Oddly, even though there's lots of snow and gray stone and minimal grass, their suitability rating is 83. Huh, maybe I didn't need that hack for these guys...

post-102146-134473436006_thumb.jpg

The Woolly Rhino exhibit, as well as a peek at the Dancing Cave Bear show:

post-102146-134473439805_thumb.jpg

The lake here's far too cold to take a dip in, but hey, good thing the zoo provides swan-boats!

post-102146-134473444208_thumb.jpg

Walrus exhibit, with the Miocene Cafe at the bottom-left:

post-102146-134473449457_thumb.jpg

By this point I was kinda desperate for animals to put in, so I put in the Deinosuchus, because if I recall correctly there was a crocodilian of near-equal size sometime in the Miocene, but I forgot its name. Also the Saber Attack cinema, now showing in 3D:

post-102146-134473456403_thumb.jpg

Here's the area by the Deinosuchus exhibit, with the Ancylotherium Rides building, the Eocene Seafood Cafe, and in case any eskimos show up in the zoo who still think it's a hot day, a Yogurt stand. To no one's surprise, the Yogurt Stand's profit when the zoo was finished was about negative $10,000:

post-102146-134473474571_thumb.jpg

Finally, in an another act of desperation for animals, I put in a Yeti as the final exhibit, even though it's not real (well, not proven to be real anyways). Also the Megalania House:

post-102146-13447348064_thumb.jpg

And that's the Ice Age Zoo! Thoughts?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xtreme

• caddienoah

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ZooGrammy

I like how you use rocks. It's a great zoo and it is great to have you here.

Cricket

Very nice zoo! :th_hapydancsmil: I love your use of elevation and the decorations that you used. Love to see any zoo with snow-type stuff! And good choice of animals!

Wow! What a great zoo. Everything is put together esthetically. Great use of all the animals and scenery items. Plenty of space for the guests to move around. You are definitely a professional zoo builder. Keep going I saved these pics for my personal viewing/inspiration, and I hope you do more zoos. Thanks for these!! :loveboat::t108008:

I have saved some pics for inspiration. How do you afford all the intriguing details of your landscaping?

Thanks guys! More pictures should come soon, I just need to finish the next zoo I'm particularly proud of.

Fountain: I just use the money cheat. I actually have no clue how to properly make money in ZT, plus as I said I'm more into ZT for the art rather than the strategy, so I just don't bother and give myself $10,000,000 at the beginning. :P

Yay...Xtreme's back!!! :hug2: I've missed seeing your pictures! I can't remember for sure...was that record on ZA???

I love your new zoo! Any guests that want frozen yogurt have to work for it! :risitas6ba0:

As for the Megatherium, have you tried doing full squares of foliage??? That might get the rating up a little. I hate it when the animals are picky!

Can't wait to see more!

Wow Xtreme That is great zoo building you are showing

I love the chilly looks of your zoo.

And it is a great creation as by the looks of it you only used in game items and then have this result:clap:

I do miss that Ice Age Turtle :413:

The snow leopard would have looked great in this zoo too as well as the Siberian Tiger

I love the choice of the animals you used but do you know a Nordic Brown Bear has been created?

Also a nordic lynx, wolf and moose

They love to have some snow in their exhibits and you wouldn't need to play with a hack anymore.

and I have few links for you you might want to check them out

Leopard in the snowpack. Even if you would not use ANYTHING in this pack

it has some lovely snow covered flowers (and there are none other like it)which

could just add a touch of colour to your zoo

http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1129

Catfish snowy Foliage

http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1871

Nordic Brown Bear

http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=2268

Snowy Gardens

http://zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=965

I very much enjoyed your screens :flowerysmile:

• 1 year later...

Wow, so sorry guys for taking forever to make new zoos! I hope such a long break won't happen again. Thanks for all your kind comments.

New zoo, this time Halloween themed! Like the Ice Age zoo, what I considered a "Halloween-style" animal was pretty generous: virtually any carnivorous or strange animal would do.

Here's the entrance:

post-102146-138309162533_thumb.jpg

Here's the mountain lions, the Herrarasaurs, and the Pet the Zombie Babies petting zoo. Also a metric ton of those orange highland trees (get used to those in this zoo, folks):

post-102146-138309169016_thumb.jpg

Hammerhead sharks, along with a glimpse of the Yetis and the cinema showing the latest dino horror movie: Rex vs. Wolfman!

post-102146-138309179884_thumb.jpg

More mountain lions (including one with a selection arrow over it...whoops) and the T. rex exhibit. Little lecture-time here: it's T. rex, not T-rex or T-Rex. You wouldn't call a human H-Sapiens, instead you'd use H. sapiens (or, you know, just call them a human...)

post-102146-138309193126_thumb.jpg

Great white sharks, along with the tails of the camera-shy Spinosaurs (ever since JP3 they've been kinda embarrassed...). Also the Big B-Movie Bugs building.

post-102146-138309201974_thumb.jpg

Allosaurs and mermaids. Just so you know, these aren't Ariel-style mermaids with sweet hearts of gold and love of all life: these are Pirates of the Caribbean-style mermaids, vicious man-eaters who'd love nothing more than to eat all the guests. That's why they're in the Halloween zoo: if you want the other mermaids, go to Happy Funland Zoo of Fun-fun.

post-102146-138309217819_thumb.jpg

Deinosuchus exhibit, along with unicorns, lions, and the tent where children can ride Vampirephants. Totally safe: they're vegetarian Vampirephants...

post-102146-138309229126_thumb.jpg

Velociraptors (in the desert where they belong), Loch Ness Monsters, terrifying circuses, and the Creepy Cafe.

post-102146-138309235663_thumb.jpg

Finally, wolves and giant squid. Those wolves breed like rats BTW: I'm up to to Gray Wolf 104...

post-102146-138309243339_thumb.jpg

That be my Halloween zoo. Next up, assuming I don't take another long hiatus, is a Thanksgiving Zoo. Why don't we see more of those, honestly? :P