• (Admin)Cricket
    • Goosifer
    • pukkie
    • Hawkkeye666
    • SkeletonKing69

Xtreme's Zoos

Xtreme

Thanks guys! :D

Guess what? You didn't have to wait long at all, because I've got MORE!!! Only one day to wait rather than the several months/more than a full year you've had to wait before? I'm just spoiling you guys. :P I did most of this zoo already, I just didn't add the finishing touches until today. Remember me saying I'd do a Thanksgiving Zoo after my Halloween zoo? Well, here it is, WAAAAY after Thanksgiving. Hooray for extreme tardiness!

Here's the entrance, with a gift shop appropriately titled "Thanks for Visiting!" and a duck pond, along with some bighorn sheep. Note: most of these animals probably weren't anywhere near where the first Thanksgiving was held. They're all on the right continent, though! :P

post-102146-0-95386500-1409013557_thumb.jpg

Moose and bison, along with the Wild Turkey Aviary and a seemingly random Aquarium. When the Native Americans sat down with the Pilgrims on the first Thanksgiving and exchanged food, they probably had fish. Maybe. And those fish are in there. So its...trout and stuff...

post-102146-0-37534500-1409013671_thumb.jpg

The Highland area of the zoo, with the bighorn sheep and a mountain lion. There were mountain lions there, right? RIGHT?!

post-102146-0-68109900-1409013810_thumb.jpg

I couldn't have a Thanksgiving zoo without Plymouth Rock, so here it is. As I have no clue whether Plymouth Rock was a giant boulder, a cliff, a mountain, or a random pebble that a sailor kicked when first landing in the New World, I just made this giant rock formation and called it good.

post-102146-0-27354700-1409013941_thumb.jpg

Grizzly bears, along with a special exhibit. When traversing across the Atlantic in the 1600s or so, sailors missed women so much they actually mistook the big and ugly manatees for mermaids. So, to recreate this confusion for the visitors, both manatees and mermaids are in that tank! Which is which? If you can't tell, eat more carrots.

post-102146-0-24308200-1409014068_thumb.jpg

I thought this was a nice shot, these trees recreating the wilderness, so here it is. As for the wild horses clearly from Asia...those are supposed to be American mustangs, okay?! Leave me alone!

post-102146-0-06922700-1409014144_thumb.jpg

Plymouth Rock was near the coast, and the coast was temperate rather than tropical. So it probably had otters, right? Thus, I put in otters. Deal with it.

post-102146-0-28793100-1409014213_thumb.jpg

And finally, the main attraction: the Thanksgiving Dinner food court. Note that I tried to arrange the tables as if they were one big one in a dining room where most modern day Thanksgiving dinners are held. After eating, guests can go further to get the benches and watch the football game, either by staring a rock formation meant to represent a television, or going to the cinema behind it.

post-102146-0-47750500-1409014336_thumb.jpg

So, that's the incredibly-late Thanksgiving Zoo. I actually designed most of it around Thanksgiving last year, but I couldn't figure out how to finish it, so I left it hanging until today when I decided to finish it. Hope you guys like it!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xtreme

• caddienoah

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love your Thanksgiving zoo! Great colors and fun choice of animals...and great descriptions!!!!

You have a gift for design...The new zoos are terrific!...(If you can...can I have copies...I would like to add them to the data base here...They are great teaching tools!!!...And they are so interesting to "walk" through!!!)

Thanks guys! And I'm not sure Caddienoah, as I use the Easy Animals Hack in order to create cool-looking exhibits for almost every animal in my zoos, and thus their suitability levels are almost always zero. With the hack they're perfectly fine and happy, but without it they'll go crazy. Do you think that'd be too much of a problem?

Well, hopefully a double-post here is okay, cause I've got another ZOO! :D Remember in the Halloween Zoo I said the other mermaids are in the "Happy Zoo of Fun-Fun?" Well, I decided what the hey, and actually MADE a Happy Zoo of Fun-Fun. It's happy and fun-fun. :P

The entrance. Colors, orcas, gift shops and merry-go-rounds ahoy! Also, that double kids' dino fence style that's all throughout the zoo? Took way too long for my liking. I'm an impatient man, lol.

post-102146-0-47751900-1409537688_thumb.jpg

The hippos, orcas again, and the Pteranodon pen. In order to keep the colorful theme alive, the Pteranodons within are all radioactive. Of course, their new colors mainly consist of bright acid green and infernal yellow, but science marches on. :P

post-102146-0-18078400-1409537785_thumb.jpg

The Stegosaurus exhibit, as well as the zebra and gazelle exhibit. In case you're wondering about any containment issues with the dinosaurs, don't worry: it's the invisible fence at work.

post-102146-0-84199100-1409537880_thumb.jpg

Porpoises (an animal I rarely use admittedly) and a better shot of some of the buildings' colors.

post-102146-0-03852500-1409537970_thumb.jpg

Triceratops and elephants here, along with a bright blue aviary. Also, I'm aware there haven't been jokes in these last few pic descriptions, so...a monkey duck walks into a bar. The bartender says, "A monkey duck?! Is this some kind of joke?!"

post-102146-0-14868700-1409538051_thumb.jpg

The orca show at work, while in the background are some camera-shy Coelophysis. Also there's a cinema that's bright purple. And a restaurant colored after the Denver Broncos, accidentally of course. (who cares about sports, lol)

post-102146-0-09583900-1409538175_thumb.jpg

And finally, the nice and non-dangerous mermaids that I promised would be in this zoo after I showed the mean and predatory ones in the Halloween zoo. My next zoo will not have mermaids. I'm sick of them. That singing!! That three-note song that they NEVER stop singing!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!

post-102146-0-41642400-1409538267_thumb.jpg

And that's the Happy Zoo of Fun-Fun. Next up, I have no clue. Hopefully it won't take a year and a half to show off, lol.

Savannahjan

The Thanksgiving zoo is wonderful. And it's not late..... it's a few months early! You did a lovely job on it. I can't wait for it to be uploaded so I can give it a visit.

I think your mermaid zoo is indeed fun-fun! It is so colorful and jam packed with lots of fun things. I know what you mean about that singing, it gets to me too. You can always turn down the in-game sound, although then you miss a lot of other ambient sound. Maybe some clever designer should figure out how to muzzle them!

Great job on these zoos, Xtreme!