• Hawkkeye666
    • SKazoroski
    • ryrysnysny
    • Truly_happy
    • Goosifer

Industrial center revitalize

fountain

ZooGrammy

These are great fountain. I like how you used the white striped path to cross streets and the loading zones for busses. I love the patios and back yards. I like how you did the entrance of the city zoo. It looks so natural. You added so many things that I didn't think of.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ZooGrammy

• Firehawke

• Fern

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know what ? Watching your screen, I was trying to scroll with my mouse to discover the rest of the map ^^ There are so much details, fences, terrasses, scenery .. I guess you spent so many hours imaginating all of this !

To: BZH & Zoo Grammy

Thanks! Many hours and even thinking of it as I feel asleep. I spent much time reviewing ZTUF, Tek, Zoo Tycoon Besen, Zoo Tycoon nl(Netherlands?), ZTCDD, and couple others for screenshots of items that easier too see and items that could be repurposed to evoking housing and business. I made use of the freeform kid zoo map as testing for proportional size and guest reaction. I revisited Zoo Grammy's Seattle zoo pix several times to study active and scenery building integration.

And I continue to make adjustments in response to guests' needs. I try to keep attractions and food closer to city so those are small businesses available to city residents and visitors but the money goes business operation costs and profits to the zoo which I assume is a non-profit organization.

The zoo provides jobs from serving visitors and research and preserving animals, maintainence, lessons in recovering land for recreation and food production.

post-21902-134789144151_thumb.jpg

Student, grad student affordable housing, housing with dignity and investment in community for families.

post-21902-13478914325_thumb.jpg

A few exhibits can be viewed without admission or entry and can act as reminders that animal life is more than pigeons.

Maybe when I am finished the functioning zoo could be uploaded if people are interested. Maybe other could make guests happier --currently at 74%. I have blocked off some areas so guests are less likely to get lost and over tired.

I love the latest pics, fountain! :th_hapydancsmil: You have gone through a lot of effort to find just the right downloads...more patience than I have!

Have you used TP Sustainable Living Center? It seems to go with your theme.

Initially I did in my first go at the map, but I didn't like how it was going. I decided to show sustainability by example of the gardens and wind-farm and the bio-gas facility and the large compost piles near it. I might use TP's building back in that corner or Dr. Rick's energy methods building.

BTW audios of interest regarding renewable energy and renewal that I have listened to while building this zoo:

http://sciencefriday.com/segment/09/14/2012/wind-power-plentiful-study-says.html

http://sciencefriday.com/topics/energy/segment/09/07/2012/oregon-power-project-needs-the-motion-of-the-ocean.html

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/04/160393303/as-temps-rise-cities-combat-heat-island-effect

http://sciencefriday.com/topics/energy.html#page/bytopic/1

Very great layout !

I'm still impressed by all the possibilities given by this game, which is already 10 years old ! It's good to see such imaginative players ! I like the mixing map with the zoo with the city in the close neighborhood, and you paid attention to the smallest detail ! Looks very realistic :-)

I worked at looking realistic. The area I live has both family farms and the remains of many clothing manufacturing businesses. The manufacturing buildings have been converted into churches and/or recreation centers for Vietnamese, Korean, Christian, and other groups; subdivided for smaller businesses especially computer sales, repair, programing, web tech, and computer recycling; clothing, furniture resale (second hand), antiques, salvaged lighting shops, and, of course, fabric and quilt making shops.

The remains of the Holiday Inn and Howard Johnson motel chains have been converted to small business motels and taverns and beer microbreweries; other locations torn down and grocery stores and drug stores built. Some motels have been converted to assisted living facilities for older people or people with special medical needs. It is great to see these buildings repurposed and/or rebuilt rather than losing farmland.

I have paid extra attention when I am driving or at a traffic lights. And i have always been interested in moods or emotional responses to buildings and houses and gardens and color and arrangement. My favorite playthings were plastic bricks and interior decorator set endorsed y Better Homes and Gardens magazine. --It was also my first lesson in scale when I tried to combine the two toy sets.

Better go check on my zoo animals.

Overview fresh water dolphins...

post-21902-134807321519_thumb.jpg

N amer Lynx,Tucuxxi, the "functionaly extinct" Baiji, Amazon River Dolphin, Irrawaddy River Dolphin, JT's nautilus

post-21902-134807326815_thumb.jpg

Hawaiian monk seal, Australian sea lion

post-21902-134807327802_thumb.jpg

Marine Iguana Galapagos, Vaquita Gulf of California Dolphin

post-21902-134807328632_thumb.jpg

Church and remebrance

post-21902-134807325692_thumb.jpg

ZooGrammy

I like your church and memorial gardens. Also makes me think of a wedding chapel and reception area.

More wonderful pics!!! I love the inclusing of the aquatic animals and the variety of paths. Keep up the great work!