• Most Online

JT12
    Newest Member
    JT12

• Truly_happy
    • (Admin)Savannahjan

Designs

ARIZNANA

this thread reminds me why l like the tek community so much - you are all lovely :cheer-girls-group-3x2-green:

i am very much looking forward to hayden's next designs! :7_9_3: :glitter_happy: :wavesmile: :vishenka_34: :post-1551-1124418072: :yahoo: :blush:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ARIZNANA

• caddienoah

• dr rick

• fountain

I missed this thread earlier. Great designs. :winnersmiley: Just fun.

Maybe I will do some quilt designs this way. It's faster than sewing one. LOL

Thank you Prof Paul . Hayden has taught himself how to code video games , how to play the keyboard ,and is now learning (on his own ) japanese . however something simple like riding a bike eludes him . He is a joy as I am sure your brother is also .

My father probably had Aspergers. I might have it. My adult son probably has it and my teenage daughter has been diagnosed with it. My son does not drive but he rides a bicycle and can't draw that well and has "maze/video game map" memory and isn't not great at social. My daughter wants to be social but has a severe (possibly related to the Aspergers) stammer and word retrieval problem. She has great fine motor control, taught herself computer "painter" techniques, good aural memory --except for chores-- and cannot ride a bicycle but she is an ice skater learning edges, very quick and tight at turns, and mastering low level jumps to earn a USFSA Freeskate 1 badge. She is devoting her senior HS year to commercial art program.

(And I cannot get either of them interested in this game (sigh).

Emphasize what Hayden can do well and encourage him to keep examples/portfolio and a journal of what he has accomplished. It will help in job preparation.

Have him keep posting his work, too. I'm looking forward to his screenshots.

My father probably had Aspergers. I might have it. My adult son probably has it and my teenage daughter has been diagnosed with it. My son does not drive but he rides a bicycle and can't draw that well and has "maze/video game map" memory and isn't not great at social. My daughter wants to be social but has a severe (possibly related to the Aspergers) stammer and word retrieval problem. She has great fine motor control, taught herself computer "painter" techniques, good aural memory --except for chores-- and cannot ride a bicycle but she is an ice skater learning edges, very quick and tight at turns, and mastering low level jumps to earn a USFSA Freeskate 1 badge. She is devoting her senior HS year to commercial art program.

(And I cannot get either of them interested in this game (sigh).

Emphasize what Hayden can do well and encourage him to keep examples/portfolio and a journal of what he has accomplished. It will help in job preparation.

Have him keep posting his work, too. I'm looking forward to his screenshots.

Thank you Fountain , Hayden keeps all his art work and computer programs . He is most interested in video game design and I think he would be good at it someday when he is old enough to pursue it farther . You know he recently joined zootek , under the name " seaotter " . He is so excited to be a member . I am sure he will be posting more of his designs soon .

Both of you are lucky to have the other in their lives!!!

Are there any recommended books or articles on Aspergers...I have worked with a few adults with autism...would like to find out more on this type of autism???

Any suggestions would be appreciated!...

Caddie , There is an excellent site called Autism Speaks . also, If you will go to Google and type in Asperger Syndrome , you will get a wealth of informative articles . Asperger affects everyone differently . Rarely does a child have the same characteristics as another . My grandson has ocd , adhd , and sensory perception disorder . He has no short term memory but can tell you things that happened when he was 2 years old . He is very nervous , edgy and emotionally charged . He is also very opinionated ( lol ) which does cause us to lock horns occasionally . He is a fascinating young man and a joy to have in my life . Thank you for your positive comments .

Thanks for the info...I appreciate it!

You are most welcome

Here are some others:

A couple books:

All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome

All Dogs Have ADHD

both by Kathy Hoopman and enjoyed by parents and educators

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/index.html

http://www.templegrandin.com/

About 20 min.

I'd start with this one.

Above is "An Evening with Temple Grandin" where she addresses a British organization of the National Autistic Society. Part One is a about 1-1/2 hr and Two is about 45min.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/

Wrong Planet is the web community designed for individuals [teens and adults](and parents / professionals of those) with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, PDDs, and other neurological differences. We provide a discussion forum, where members communicate with each other, an article section, with exclusive articles and how-to guides, a blogging feature, and a chatroom for real-time communication with other Aspies.

Wrong Planet is critical at times of Austism Speaks organization.