Newest Member
    JT12

• Fern
    • strider213
    • Faxiel
    • Graweu

jkreig's Concrete Jungle

jkreig

Beautiful work!!! I love all of the downloads that you are using so far. Can't wait to see more!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkreig

• Firehawke

• WaterDragoon

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

I have already found that one problem of building a zoo while going through the available downloads is that at times putting something in its perfect place means revising what has already been created. Due to this, I now present you with the newly revised entrance to my concrete jungle zoo. Don't worry the residents of my zoo are being wonderfully cared for off zoo grounds while their habitats are being rebuilt.

post-104915-13818015465_thumb.jpg

post-104915-138180154093_thumb.jpg

post-104915-138180155709_thumb.jpg

OH! WOW! I REALLY LIKE THAT ENTRANCE . VERY NICE .

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice layout and use of color and foliage. Are you following the layout for the Philadelphia Zoo or are you improvising?

Update - more screenshots coming no later than this weekend.

Thanks for all the kind words, I appreciate it and I am glad that you have enjoyed my zoo thus far.

At the left front corner (as you are looking at the outside zoo entrance area), I am attempting to build a cross between the Cincinnati Zoo's small cat section and the National Zoo's aviary section. I am not sure how this is going to ultimately connect to the zoo entrance yet but stay tuned to find out.

The two exhibits I have completed to this point are: the African Golden Cat and the African Wild Cat (both by PlanetKitty and available at Zoo Admin). Around the exhibits is the wooden curb (Available at Zookeeper's Lounge), the brick and curbed grass paths are available under the path section here at Zoo Tek. Also, used is the brick fence and the diagonal brick themed fence both available under the fences tab here at Zoo Tek. The brick planters are part of the Brick Themed Foliage Pack V available under foliage here at Zoo Tek.

African Golden Cat

post-104915-138299860343_thumb.jpg

African Wild Cat

post-104915-138299861134_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Again, any advice or constructive criticism is also welcomed.

Next to the African Wildcat, we now have the Andean Mountain Cat (by PlanetKitty available at Zoo Admin):

post-104915-138300382407_thumb.jpg