JT12
    Newest Member
    JT12

• Taz
    • bxdczoo
    • DragonEmperor500

jkreig's Concrete Jungle

jkreig

Last exhibit for today: the Asian Golden Cat (by PlanetKitty, available at Zoo Admin):

post-104915-138300552936_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkreig

• Firehawke

• WaterDragoon

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ZooGrammy

That is a very interesting viewing area for guests and also the zoo keeper service area. I like the use of the brick fence, haven't done that.

Beautiful work...brick is my favorite!!! I haven't used the diagonal fencing very much...like your use of it!

I love the two animals! I do wonder what is the water for behind the exhibits?

It looks as though you are using invisible fencing as well which leads to some different looking exhibits. :)

I can't wait to see your National zoo aviary area!

Thanks for the nice comments.

As for the water, the National Zoo's aviary section is kind of an island area off from the rest of the zoo a little bit. This is what I am trying to recreate here in my small cat area which I envision being a cross between the National Zoo aviary section and Cincinnati Zoo's small cat area.

In addition, though the zoo is starting out as a concrete jungle, I envision it turning into a rainforest jungle zoo and as with all other rainforests there is plenty of water everywhere :laugh:

Eventually, as I go through the downloads there will be a waterfall and more trees added.

I think that it will look great in the end, but right now, I agree it does look a bit weird. As I am working on this, I do have to keep reminding myself that it is a work in progress so it will look weird at times.

I have the same thing with my zoos!!! They do tend to look a bit weird or unfinished until a lot gets done or the whole thing gets finished. Good luck!