RDFT's Projects ... Part 2

Rinding FT

@Fern: Ummm.. so I need to do dome change to the menus? How many types in one restaurant do you think I can use from CV? Then I can have a plan..

Yesterday I just thought out that if I make 2 AOFE's restaurants(Slavs, Italian), I maybe have to add new food: borsch to Slavs(need to search a image), and add some new foods from CV to Italian (There are lot's of nice foods in CV.)

If you think I have better not use CV's food, I can give up all CV's foods and use zt's id. :)

.02cents =

I love the CV Food and the cook stations! A couple of the station in CV are already geared

toward veggie mills too.

Perhaps a ration of 2 CV foods to 3 Premade with be a good ratio?

You listed 23 types of buildings so I would only do 2 or 3 new per building. Even that will be quite a bit of work since we also have to come up with tooltips and guest thoughts for each. However having said that I see a number I would use for one of Toodlepops buildings which was to sell a mushroom menu. It was built with LOTR in mind and mushrooms were Frodo's favourite food. I can also see using some of those ice-creams for her unfinished Ice-Cream Parlour.

I would get the rest of the buildings made and then we can decide how many to reuse and make.

You might want to rethink Moose Drool Beer......... It was made as a joke for the Llama Stealing Moose Club. It is a club with a strange sense of humour. I have just asked Jay if it was configured for adults only.

Moose Drool Beer

moosedrb [drink] (moosedrb.cfg)

(bldg-llamastealingmoosehideout.cfg)

7672, "Moose Drool Beer"

37672, "Moose Drool Beer. Mmmm....moose drool!"

62672, "This Moose Drool Beer sure hits the spot... hic."

I am also asking Jay about using those food pictures for icons. So depending on what Jay says, can we all use these pictures for icons. And any we make should alsobe allowed to be reused in other buildings.So you would need to give your permission for any you make.

Oh! I almost forgot this!! Every food need thinking text~

Umm..then I need to wait for you getting the rest of the buildings, OK~ I'll just wait and do other restaurants. :)

The moos bear I want to change to Strawberry Drink (7465) LANG--Phoenix. :)

About the CV food icon images, I can edit png files and send to you if you or Jay need them, the files can't be larger than 34x34, right? Some pics may not be a square, or do I need to create a 34x34 square background then smaller the food in the background?

Some of mine and some of Janes have been done with a background and many without so it is up to you. But 34x34 is the right size.

According to Jay we made the Llama Stealing Moose Club building adults only because items can't be made adults only.

For a start you can do the pictures for these:

Coq Au Vin (Shower Cooker, CV)

Creamy Broccoli Soup (Soup Station, CV)

Classic Ice Cream Sundae

Peking Duck (Chinese New Year Wok, CV)

Korean BBQ Beef (Skillet)

Wonton Soup (Soup Station, CV)

I thought we had an ice cream sundae but I have not found it yet so that one is a maybe. I will need descriptions of what these are (ingrediants perhaps). Some i recognise the names but do not know what they are.

Because these are from another game according to Jay: Yes, it should be mentioned where the images came from.

So we should add "adapted from ........"

Cricket

Fern, there's an ice cream sundae in the Dairy Queen stand that was with the Subway stand. Not quite sure who made it but I have a copy of it if you don't.

Some of mine and some of Janes have been done with a background and many without so it is up to you. But 34x34 is the right size.

For a start you can do the pictures for these:

Coq Au Vin (Shower Cooker, CV)

Creamy Broccoli Soup (Soup Station, CV)

Classic Ice Cream Sundae

Peking Duck (Chinese New Year Wok, CV)

Korean BBQ Beef (Skillet)

Wonton Soup (Soup Station, CV)

OK I'll make the 34x34 background png pics(no background color in game) for icons, and about ice cream sundae, I'll still make one, too, then send the pics to you. :)

Thanks a lot~ :)

I don't wanna be The rain cloud here but the thought occurred to me; What about

copyright infringement? Or are these images considered open source?

What about

copyright infringement? Or are these images considered open source?

Oh! I forgot this problem! But lots of items are made from different games, is this copyright infringement? As I know, if we don't use in business purpose, that will be OK, and we can p.s. where the item images are from.

Most items have been found on the internet - usually cooking sites or the like. I usually check wikipedia first. There is still a lot of work adapting them for ZT. Finding an image that shrinks enough and still be recognisable (more or less) is difficult. As RDingFT said we are not making any money from them and if we say where we got them that is free advertising for that game. I had never even heard of Chefville until now.

But there is a lot scenery, etc that comes from other games and many times that is acknowledged. Roller Coaster Tycoon players raided ZT and vise versa since many early players played both. Most buildings available at Tek have come from other games - Wildlife Park, RCT, Ski tycoon (jane's snowy buildings), a circus game I cannot remember the name of and many others. I think I saw a couple of Tropica things around. Both Toodlepops and Yellowrose used to build in RCT using the building parts and then extract them and convert them to ZT. There is a lot of work in that because the RCT guests are shorter than ZT guests so the doorways have to be higher or ZT guests get headaches using them.

Speaking of copying, Dr Rick has said about these new buildings "oh gosh! i do like those! am i allowed to borrow bits of them?"