Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

Ah, that clears quite a bit up, thank you! I think last time I tried to convert the sprites into ZT1 graphics I had to nuke Blender because it froze up and didn't respond for a long time. Unfortunately my laptop is super full right now and I have very little space left so I thought that I'd just broke blender or my computer was being super slow. Nice to know that I was probably on the right track. ._.

Last question for a while, I swear. For the .tmd imports, trying to render the animation gives me this error.

6PwV9OE.png

Since it says KeyError I'm guessing that's what's going wrong.  Would I have to rename something to Bip01 in order for it to work?

HENDRIX

That's why I said, turn on the blender console so you see what's going on. When ZT Studio is running, nothing happens in the console, but at least you know that it's running. It may well take several minutes to convert everything to ZT1 graphics, depending on your animal size. Best way to test the tools is with a small animal because that converts quickly.

This bug is what I had to fix when I made the pachy. It expected a "Bip01" bone because I had previously only used the scripts with ZT2 models. Now, it is more flexible.

You could fix it by creating a new node and calling it Bip01, but better update your ZT1 sprite script from github. Again, you must change the folder structure when downloading from github, I explained that earlier.

Blender console now turned on, will keep that in mind, and I'll double check if I actually updated the add-ons, I could have sworn I did. I have a feeling I screwed up somewhere along the lines because I'm getting wierd errors all over the place just by trying to remove stuff, I'll do a complete reinstall and add in all the updated add-ons because I think by this point I'm just digging a bigger hole. I also did figure out the black texture bug, it was the bigcatrr_blink_blank.dds that was the culprit.

Thank you for putting up with my stupid questions, I do appreciate it. ;A;7

HENDRIX

If you re-packed the zip like I explained earlier, you should be able to update properly without issues.

You can also go to

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\ZT1Sprites

and replace the __init__.py file with the one from github. Press F8 in blender after doing so to reload the scripts.

• 6 months later...
Hawkkeye666

Where I can download your animals, please?

Cow and goat look both amazing!

• 4 weeks later...
HENDRIX

Put a Mastodon together, looks neat enough in APE but I can't test it because my ZT1 crashes on startup...

wKaRlqK.png

Model is edited from the ZT2 EA version. It's in my google drive now, but it will most likely need some coding fixes. I haven't done that in a while, dare say without testing...

hello HENDRIX!

Let me return the favour then :)

I've checked the .uca with Jay's UcaChecker and the only warning/errors I get are:

***** Error: cNameID is set to 19000 but there is no LCID setting.
*** Warning: Sum of family, genus, and animal id/type values are < 0.

The error is because the defaultLCID section in uca file is missing.

[defaultLCID]
LCID = 1033

The warning it is because the program itself is not adding the Mammoth's id to the sum (which is 5329) so it can be ignored.

Tonight when I return from work I'll try it ingame, just to check that also models/texts are ok :)

Thank you again for this great piece of work!

HENDRIX

Cool thanks! Yeah, I also forgot to adjust the preferred objects and habitat... Needs some conifers!

For this one I set the texture filter to 0.3, which gave nice smooth results. The blend file is also up, incase anyone wants to create more elephants and save all the animation work.

Ehhh gotta see how I can get zt running again

Yep, I noticed that is still in Tundra/Eurasia habitat. Animations looks ok for what I could check :)

Do you want me to update the compatibility/error from uca while you find how to make ZT run again?

• Love 1