Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

Take care of the first error first. Does the folder exist? If not, create one ( c:\tmp\output ) or change the folder in ZT Studio's settings.

Alright so I deleted everything and recreated the folders manually.

3yonaVJ.png

Do I just put these 5 png files into the output folder for converting to a zt1 sprite? (btw I pressed "render all sprites & generate color palette" to get these, and I just opened the brackern ferns bfb with "import bfb")

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right step by step.

--------------------

Ok so I opened those png files with ZT Studio and ignored the warning about the 256 colors and then used the color palette that Blender created and I got Ferns that looks like this ingame.

v1NlKj3.jpg

I'm not sure if this is because this tool wasn't meant for static objects, or if I just did it wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
Khaydar

When I click on render all Sprites I get this message from Blender

szzqYCJ.png

I tried changing the output directory, but nothing happens (I assume unknown location refers to the output)

Khaydar

Weird, the model has a material, tested the same animations (ZT2 polar bear) with differents models including ZT2's polar bear and got the same message. Might have to do with polar bear animations.

HENDRIX

Fairly unlikely, I think. The error clearly means a model is missing a material. There is probably some model hidden somewhere, on another layer maybe.

Khaydar

You're right, there was a buggy layer, deleted it and now it works, thanks Hendrix

• 4 months later...

I seem to be having issues with the shadow rendering over the frames of the animal. I had all of this running smoothly last time I decided to try modding ZT1 but coming back on a fresh install I seem to be having the issue again. Everything else works perfectly fine, it's just anything rendered has the effect as shown by the attached image. I can't remember how I fixed it.

image.png.0b58ffdc253502afdaa665f23d3e8f0b.png

Hendrix did you ever get your ZT 1 running again?? if not and it still crashes after the bf cinematic open your ZT directory and check the properties for your dlupdate folder and see how many files you have in it you can only have a max of 320 I believe it is so if you have more then that that is what is causing it to crash to the destop.

I wanted to check out some stuff I had on an old hard drive and forgot about the ZT file limit and had over 350 files in my dlupdate folder and it crashed to the desktop right after cinimatic so that could be your issue. If not then I am at a loss as to what is causing it.