Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

HENDRIX
1 hour ago, lukamas said:

I installed the scripts, but it does not import the entire kf animations file, I only see an idle, walk, and turn animations imported

Which KF file was that?

Khaydar

I'm not sure if it has to do with the nif script but when I import birds, very often I get giant bird legs. It's weird because the model isn't distortedKmDvDAE.png

Left is open in nifscope and right blender ( often they use secretary bird animations)

HENDRIX

@Khaydar This is because bone scale is not imported. Usually the spine bone will be scaled up in nifskope; copy that value and scale it in blender's pose mode by the same amount.

• Thanks 1

Khaydar

There's still a problem with th armature. When I scale the bone it scales the child bones, already tried toggling inherit scale off from the child bone and it didn't worked. Scaling only the mesh leads to deformities when animating.

HENDRIX
13 hours ago, Khaydar said:

There's still a problem with th armature. When I scale the bone it scales the child bones, already tried toggling inherit scale off from the child bone and it didn't worked. Scaling only the mesh leads to deformities when animating.

if you scale in pose mode you automatically scale up the children and mesh, that's what you want. To be on the safe side, reset scale to 1 in nifskope before importing.

• 4 months later...
Khaydar

I don't know if this a the right place to post this since you moved your nif script.

Recently I've decieded to update the nif script to the latest version (2.6.0 dev4) and it turns out it can't import armatures correctly anymore.

oUKwE8W.pngbEcbJDx.png

As  you can see it has trouble importing the Bip01 bone and getting the x coordonates right for the rest.

HENDRIX
On 2/3/2020 at 4:43 PM, Khaydar said:

I don't know if this a the right place to post this since you moved your nif script.

Recently I've decieded to update the nif script to the latest version (2.6.0 dev4) and it turns out it can't import armatures correctly anymore.

oUKwE8W.pngbEcbJDx.png

As  you can see it has trouble importing the Bip01 bone and getting the x coordonates right for the rest.

You just need to set the axis orientations correctly in the import menu dropdowns:

from_forward = "X"

from_up = "Y"