Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

I'm sorry. Maybe Fern or Hawkkeye could help.

4 hours ago, MarkBL20 said:

Can someone tell me what's the cause?

Not without seeing the file. You can pm it to me if you want and I will see if Jay has time to take a look.

Okay here is what Jay has to say:

When mastodon.uca and pachycep.uca were saved, they were not saved in a format that ZT understands. The other ".uca" files are in a "ISO-8859" format. Hendrix's original ".uca" files are in "UTF-8 Unicode" format. The new mastodon.uca and pachycep.uca files are in "UTF-8 Unicode with BOM" format. That format adds 3 special characters at the start of the files, which apparently confuses ZT. When those files are changed to "ISO-8859" format, the problem no longer occurs in ZT. Although the "UTF-8 Unicode" format does not confuse ZT, I did not experiment to see if ZT can display all of the characters correctly. Ideally, Hendrix should also have used "ISO-8859" format instead of "UTF-8 Unicode" format.

To fix the problem, use the WordPad program that comes with Microsoft Windows. Open mastodon.uca. Click File->Save As. Make sure the File Type is "Text Document" and not "Unicode Text Document" or "Rich Text Format" or "Text Document - MS-DOS Format". Then Save the file. Do the same for pachycep.uca, animals\pachycep\texts\1033.txt, and animals\sarcosuc\texts\1033.txt.

If you will be using these changed files just for yourself, what you did is okay. However, this is not the expected way to add a Spanish translation to the files. Hendrix's original mastodon.uca had the following lines at the end:

[1031]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/mastodon/texts/1031.txt
cLongHelp = Mastodon kaufen. Mastodons sind Elefanten der nördlichen Nadelwälder.
cName = Mastodon
cTheString = den Mastodon

[1033]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/mastodon/texts/1033.txt
cLongHelp = Adopt a Mastodon. Mastodons feed primarily on conifers. Mastodon enjoy the Walchian Conifer in its exhibit.
cName = Mastodon
cTheString = the Mastodon

[defaultLCID]
LCID = 1033

Those lines tell ZT the following. If a person is using the German version of ZT, then show them what is in the [1031] section for the name of the animal and the tooltip of the animal, and show them what is in the 1031.txt file for the Animal Info. If a person is using the English U.S. version of ZT, then show them what is in the [1033] section for the name of the animal and the tooltip of the animal, and show them what is in the 1033.txt file for the Animal Info. The "LCID = 1033" says that, for anyone else, show them what is in the [1033] section for the name of the animal and the tooltip of the animal, and show them what is in the 1033.txt file for the Animal Info.

If you are using a Spanish version of ZT, then I would have left the above lines in mastodon.uca, but had more lines to make it look like this:

[1031]
cLongHelp = Mastodon kaufen. Mastodons sind Elefanten der nördlichen Nadelwälder.
cName = Mastodon

[3082]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/mastodon/texts/3082.txt
cLongHelp = Adopta un mastodonte. Los mastodontes se alimentan principalmente de coníferas. El mastodonte disfruta del Walchia en su exhibición.
cName = Mastodonte
cTheString = el Mastodonte

[1033]
cLongHelp = Adopt a Mastodon. Mastodons feed primarily on conifers. Mastodon enjoy the Walchian Conifer in its exhibit.
cName = Mastodon

[defaultLCID]
LCID = 1033

That way people with the German version of ZT would see German, people with the Spanish version of ZT would see Spanish, and everyone else would see English. Similarly, I would have left the original 1031.txt and 1033.txt files, and just add a 3082.txt file with the Spanish version of the Animal Info.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fern said:

Okay here is what Jay has to say:

When mastodon.uca and pachycep.uca were saved, they were not saved in a format that ZT understands. The other ".uca" files are in a "ISO-8859" format. Hendrix's original ".uca" files are in "UTF-8 Unicode" format. The new mastodon.uca and pachycep.uca files are in "UTF-8 Unicode with BOM" format. That format adds 3 special characters at the start of the files, which apparently confuses ZT. When those files are changed to "ISO-8859" format, the problem no longer occurs in ZT. Although the "UTF-8 Unicode" format does not confuse ZT, I did not experiment to see if ZT can display all of the characters correctly. Ideally, Hendrix should also have used "ISO-8859" format instead of "UTF-8 Unicode" format.

To fix the problem, use the WordPad program that comes with Microsoft Windows. Open mastodon.uca. Click File->Save As. Make sure the File Type is "Text Document" and not "Unicode Text Document" or "Rich Text Format" or "Text Document - MS-DOS Format". Then Save the file. Do the same for pachycep.uca, animals\pachycep\texts\1033.txt, and animals\sarcosuc\texts\1033.txt.

If you will be using these changed files just for yourself, what you did is okay. However, this is not the expected way to add a Spanish translation to the files. Hendrix's original mastodon.uca had the following lines at the end:

[1031]
cName = Mastodon

[1033]
cName = Mastodon

[defaultLCID]
LCID = 1033

Those lines tell ZT the following. If a person is using the German version of ZT, then show them what is in the [1031] section for the name of the animal and the tooltip of the animal, and show them what is in the 1031.txt file for the Animal Info. If a person is using the English U.S. version of ZT, then show them what is in the [1033] section for the name of the animal and the tooltip of the animal, and show them what is in the 1033.txt file for the Animal Info. The "LCID = 1033" says that, for anyone else, show them what is in the [1033] section for the name of the animal and the tooltip of the animal, and show them what is in the 1033.txt file for the Animal Info.

If you are using a Spanish version of ZT, then I would have left the above lines in mastodon.uca, but had more lines to make it look like this:

[1031]
cName = Mastodon

[3082]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/mastodon/texts/3082.txt
cLongHelp = Adopta un mastodonte. Los mastodontes se alimentan principalmente de coníferas. El mastodonte disfruta del Walchia en su exhibición.
cName = Mastodonte
cTheString = el Mastodonte

[1033]
cName = Mastodon

[defaultLCID]
LCID = 1033

That way people with the German version of ZT would see German, people with the Spanish version of ZT would see Spanish, and everyone else would see English. Similarly, I would have left the original 1031.txt and 1033.txt files, and just add a 3082.txt file with the Spanish version of the Animal Info.

Thanks a lot, it worked succesfully 👍🏻🥳

• Like 1

Oh, and if anyone interested in translate some animals in spanish, just PM me with the file you want 👍🏻😉

• 1 month later...
Zarawatto
5 minutes ago, Cloten Candy said:

How do I get the software on my computer? I see where to download the animals you made but not the software.

You need Blender. Script is not working with most recent versions, so you should get Blender 2.79

Also, if you're trying to import ZT2 models, you should also get NifTools and Python (this is not a requirement if the models you want to render are not .nif)

Then, the best tool to batch convert the frames made with Blender + This Script is ZTStudio

Good Luck!

I have blender but not sure what version. My question was how to download the script in the first place. OP said it was in their signature but I don't see a sprite renderer in their signature or the drive links.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Zarawatto
Just now, Cloten Candy said:

I have blender but not sure what version. My question was how to download the script in the first place. OP said it was in their signature but I don't see a sprite renderer in their signature or the drive links.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

He moved all of hisnstuff to GitHub... It was recently, so the link should be in the lastest posts 🤔🤔