Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

Khaydar
On 2/4/2020 at 4:59 PM, HENDRIX said:

You just need to set the axis orientations correctly in the import menu dropdowns:

from_forward = "X"

from_up = "Y"

How do I acess the import menu?

HENDRIX

When you import a NIF, it is in the settings panel on the left. Don't rely on the automatic NIF > BFB conversion, just use the NIF import directly.

Khaydar

Found it, thanks. So I assume the automatic NIF-BFB conversion is broken for now.

• 1 year later...

I have started to render animals by Hendrix´s scripts, and while I encountered many errors, it actually went quite well. But... When I finally started to put animations in game, it looks... Weird, like disco show (pic in attachment). I tried to do that animal many times, it always ends like that. When I try to put animations to APE directly from .png (I do not want to do that, too much tedious work with rotations, and it bloats the file), it looks good, but when I try to convert them by Blender, I end with this. Is there any solution, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for answers. It is possible that I miss something obvious, I am not particularly bright, and have zero experience with modeling.

EDIT: it works now. I think that partially it was because I sometimes screwed path to files, or maybe some specific problem with civet model.

index.png.ca2fbc1a0886f28146bf627630cac354.png

HENDRIX
On 2/21/2021 at 7:16 PM, Hawkkeye666 said:

I have started to render animals by Hendrix´s scripts, and while I encountered many errors, it actually went quite well. But... When I finally started to put animations in game, it looks... Weird, like disco show (pic in attachment). I tried to do that animal many times, it always ends like that. When I try to put animations to APE directly from .png (I do not want to do that, too much tedious work with rotations, and it bloats the file), it looks good, but when I try to convert them by Blender, I end with this. Is there any solution, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for answers. It is possible that I miss something obvious, I am not particularly bright, and have zero experience with modeling.

index.png.ca2fbc1a0886f28146bf627630cac354.png

Looks like you're using the wrong / original PAL files. You need to include the PAL files generated from your anims in the ZTD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much, I am gonna try it. And even if it won´t work, I have learnt that APE does rotations by itself, so I can continue making animals even without Blender creating proper .pal (I used .pal made by Blender, but it looks the same even after removing all other .pal from .ztd, including .pal for icon and image).

And I have another problem... I tried to install .nif scripts (version which should work for Blender 2.78 I use), and when I try to turn them on, it shows me this error: Nový rastrový obrázek.bmp

That is quite a problem, because inability to use .nif files restricts me a lot when I want to make new animals.

PS: I want to thank you for making these scripts and for tutorial video, so good that even I could follow it (after some struggle), and making all your excelent looking animals public domain. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Khaydar

So I made an animal from scratch for another game and imported it with success to blender. However when I start the sprite rendering, I get an error message.

EKnyv1T.jpg

From my understanding it has to do with the armature?
Other ZT2 animals work just fine.

EDIT: I fixed it by adding an extra bone called Node_buoy with no weight assigned. In case someone has the same issue with custoom armatures.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have problem with some models... When I import them to Blender, they show below/above the armature, and I cannot scale them properly. They scale themselves (or move around scene) in accordance with me moving them around the scene or zooming. When I import them, they look like this:

modelproblem.jpg.6c8958722a43f79f6906794c5d0728af.jpg

Only few models do this, for example tree kangaroos or ground roller: 

https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Dingiso_(Whalebite)

https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Long-tailed_Ground_Roller_(Jannick)

Where is the problem, please?

HENDRIX
On 11/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, Hawkkeye666 said:

I have problem with some models... When I import them to Blender, they show below/above the armature, and I cannot scale them properly. They scale themselves (or move around scene) in accordance with me moving them around the scene or zooming. When I import them, they look like this:

modelproblem.jpg.6c8958722a43f79f6906794c5d0728af.jpg

Only few models do this, for example tree kangaroos or ground roller: 

https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Dingiso_(Whalebite)

https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Long-tailed_Ground_Roller_(Jannick)

Where is the problem, please?

Not sure, try clearing their transforms.

• Thanks 1

Zarawatto

Greetings Hendrix! After reading this whole thread, i'm just amazed about your stuff 🙀🙀

Last week I requested access to your ZT1 drive folder but i got no response... I don't know if you missed it or if you aren't allowing access anymore, but I wanna give a try at your pachy and ox (and all of the animals you made)... Is there any other way where may I find your stuff?

Thanks in advance! 😸😸