Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

Khaydar

Does the method shown on your tutorial works with marine animals? I need apparently two sets of animation one for above and under surface.

HENDRIX

Yeah it does, but you will need to name the anims correctly. There are dedicated symbols used to mark surface, underwater and shadow anims, which are all explained in the instructions. For example, my sarcosuchus is tank compatible, and you can find a blend file for that in my signature, anim resources link.

Khaydar

By instructions you're refering to the video about rendering sprites to zt1, or something else?

HENDRIX refers to the github page were the tool is hosted. In the Readme.md are the instructions: https://github.com/HENDRIX-ZT2/ZT1-Sprites.

Specifically, in the point number four:

Only for water animals: There are 4 different special cases: surface (hide the underside), undersurface (hide the upperside), underwater (hide surface and shadow), shadow (hide the model itself). The scripts use a boolean modifier and other things to set everything up. All you have to do is label the animation names with + (for surface), - (for undersurface), * (for underwater) and # (for shadow). Land actions are not prefaced.

• Like 1

Khaydar

@BorsatoOhh, I see, the script makes everything automatically, and this is what the symbols do. Thanks this is very helpful, solved my problem.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Khaydar

When trying to convert a nif file to bfb, sometimes I have this error:

AttributeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'data'

Nif import didn't work

Dag zero... not allowed to happen

ID user decrement error: MAnoname <from' [Main]' >: 0<= 0

HENDRIX

The Nif scripts are not fully functional and not my codebase, so I can't fix all the issues. Often it is necessary to clean the nifs in nifskope to get them to import.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to use this to render a ZT2 fern for ZT1, but I keep getting errors and I don't know what's going on with the color palette when I open up the png's in zt studio.

sv6ZS9k.png

UEI7RT4.png

I'm basically opening up the .bfb of the brackern fern in blender, and then going to the zt1 spriting area and pressing the buttons I need to, did I need to do anything else before that or something?

I'm not even sure if I'm setting everything up right for this even though I'm just trying to use this tool on static objects that only need the 4 angles.

HENDRIX

The tool hasn't been tested much with static objects. I can't really remember, but I think it was set up to handle them properly. You might find it easier with animals as there is a Video tutorial for the whole process. Sorry, can't give you detailed instructions for objects at the moment.