Truly_happy's Projects, Ideas and To-do's

Truly_happy

On 2/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, Truly_happy said:

I'd really like to see the sign "buildings" finished. They function alright in my game but the graphics' positioning is off.

No, they line up fine. The problem is with the buildings I'm trying to use with them. They take up an even number and the door is in the center of two tiles so my sign has to be off to the side, going off the building even. I didn't think of even-numbered footprints. Maybe make a sign/door that goes in the middle of two tiles?

... Okay, I have GOT to get over to Phoenix University. There is so much I want to do.

By the way, if anyone is working on anything of mine, I'd like to know who's working on what, please. You know, I don't want to bother with something if someone else is committed to it already.

Savannahjan

I also love configured doors.  It took me years, actually many years to warm up to them.  But now we have so much more to bank them off of, and we have those topics where folks show how they created buildings out of all kinds of things.   Now I use them a lot. 

Just for fun, I made myself as a ZT guest:

Truly-happy_ZTsprite.png.bfa1cb3f3f3babda8aca6812c2014d78.png

No, my hair is not really purple ... or curly. I just envision myself that way. ;)

• Like 3

Savannahjan

Your virtual you is anything you desire, I love your 'you'. 

• Thanks 1

Working on graphics for paths that resemble roof tiles for buildings that use elevated ground for the body. Here's my first set:

redtercotrooftiles.png.0a18a27eff8d07caf5d0fc172845e350.png

As you can see, I haven't worked out the kinks of converting a square image into an isometric projection. Does anyone know an easy way to do this besides using the image transform method? Well, I'll try looking it up on my own, but any input from you guys would be great!

• Love 1

Savannahjan

Ii like that thatched look.  I have no skills with paths, but serving as cheerleader! :cheerleader:

• Thanks 1

Z.Z.

If your select tool allows you to stretch an image, you could create a different colored isometric box that is one pixel outside your target size on all four sides, then use the select tool to copy, paste, and stretch the image to fit the width inside the box, but leave the length of the terracotta tiles the same as on the square images, then just copy and paste it to extend it to fill the box.

I hope that makes sense....

;D

19 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

If your select tool allows you to stretch an image...

I hope that makes sense....

;D

I don't think RealWorld Paint has such a feature, because that really didn't make sense. Thank you for trying, though. I'm getting better with the transform, though I have to wing it and drag the corners to fit a template, then crop it some to fit the template exactly. After doing it a few times, I think I've got the hang of it.

20 hours ago, Savannahjan said:

I have no skills with paths, but serving as cheerleader! :cheerleader:

I have no skills with paths either ... GO ME! :cheer1:

• Like 1

Z.Z.
4 hours ago, Truly_happy said:

drag the corners to fit a template

LOL! Thats basically what I was trying to say ;D

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

LOL! Thats basically what I was trying to say ;D

Well ... then your way of doing it is my way of doing it, too!

• Like 1