Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

LapisLazuli77

2.80 NIF script as suggested on my thread works in Blender 2.80, but now the BFB and Renderer addons don't. I always get this error message saying I have to upgrade to 2.8 when attempting to install the Renderer, even though I'm already on 2.80.

Meanwhile the BFB addon just doesn't get added at all.

image.png.14f22cade4a736c1ebf9eee78e2b8692.png

EDIT: I just noticed the 2.80 branch on the renderer's github page, how did it take me that long? Though when I install it I get the same problem as BFB, it just doesn't show up.

LapisLazuli77

Ok, going back to 2.78 Blender, I've tried to install the 2.7 support niftools but attempting to activate it gets this error message, any idea how to fix it? Going through the code it should flow properly so I'm not sure what's up.image.png.2a5e0999c4f4c37436d6715e5a611c4a.png

Goosifer

I'll defer any further advice to those that actually use these tools. I do all my sprites in 3.6. I could be wrong but I think some have a mishmash of Blender versions to get the models then they port to the other for rendering, etc.

LapisLazuli77

Update WOOOOOOO finally managed to get a working NIF script on 2.78. I have no idea how, I guess just like everything else in life I just fumbled my way through every option until I found a working one.

Goosifer

I love it when that happens. Sometimes I'll stare at a problem for an hour until the problem gives in and solves itself.

LapisLazuli77

Mkay, new error just popped up; when trying to convert to ZT1 sprites I get a LOT of the first error, followed by the last one.

image.png.971345411f53ea70bec0ecc43794b25c.png

My palette keeps generating a row of black pixels at the bottom, but even when I fix it and replace the black with something else I keep getting an error.

image.png.22bbb473e0691bbf27fba682ec0f4eb3.png

^Upscaled for visibility, the actual palette is still 16x16 

I really don't wanna use ZTStudio itself to fix whatever problems there could be because last time I tried I completely bluescreened my entire computer.

Goosifer

Is this still from Blender? I'm not entirely sure if I understand that error message but it being out of range tells me it might have too many colors. The black row might be ZT Studio or whatever you're using replacing alpha pixels it doesn't know how to deal with. If you have Zoot, open up a few test frames and see if you see weird pixels.

What graphic is it exactly? Depending on what you're doing it could be a few other things.

Khaydar
9 hours ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

My palette keeps generating a row of black pixels at the bottom, but even when I fix it and replace the black with something else I keep getting an error.

That's a relatively uncomon error, for some reason Blender is failing to properly generate a palette. When Blender creates a palette it uses the selected animation as reference. I suggest changing the selected animation and trying again. It's best to use an animation with "*" such as *stand, as it renders without the shadow.

LapisLazuli77

New thing I'd like help with, how do I make the black parts transparent?image.png.0d85335c4995bd5ddb2f0736f089fd8c.pngimage.png.77d7cc2bb942b88f5e143ae5e274faf4.png

The original texture/material is in DDS format; I converted it to png to post here. Though even by linking to the png instead of dds it didn't work

This is Blender 2.76 by the way.

Goosifer

You'll need to create a material that sets transparency to your object. It's a bit of a process even in the newer versions, but even then it's quite a bit different in 2.76. Here's a tutorial for that version: https://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/scene-view-alpha-transparency.php

• Like 1