General oddities you've noticed?

Serpyderpy

I watch a lot of videos pertaining to video game glitches and unused content that people stumble across. The most frequently asked question in the comment section is always something along the lines of 'how do people even find this stuff out?', and the simplest answer to that question is they play the game a lot!

Whilst they're not exactly glitches, I have found some unusual or even unknown (to me, at least) stuff when I've been playing. Just today I encountered my first instance of a guest... drowning? I was playing the Giant Marine Park scenario that told me to build a swimming with dolphins building and I decorated the pond and such. Suddenly I get a message saying 'Guest 428 is drowning!' and sure enough he's treading water like a madman thinking 'Help! I'm going to drown...'. I pick him up and place him back in the water and he starts swimming. I have never seen this mechanic before? Is it something regarding the dolphins? I tried recreating it to no avail. I have had guests suddenly stop riding the dolphin and start swimming but they never say they're drowning.

Anyone else found wierd stuff in their game they didn't know about?

I've found guests drowning when I've had no water-related buildings, just a large decorated water area - sometimes it's completely fenced off!  I have no idea how they got in there.

For swim/dolphin/boat shacks, I make sure there are breaks in the fence, or I make them an island to escape to.  If you make an island, make sure to check it periodically to save the castaways. :tongue:

I believe they can drown in tanks, but I've never had that happen.

• Like 1

I made it happen - accidentally - by putting a swing to close in the wrong direction next to a tank.

I actually probably played the game a lot less than most people on here. It''s not a matter of how much you play sometimes, but how much you look at the files (probably done it more than most players).

I've seen very few glitches - except for bad path finding - when only using *original* content.

As for the beta (and user created animals which are incomplete), you can have any animal turn into a lion attacking the guests instead of the actual animal. Seems to be a fallback.

Another oddity: notice how all animals have shadows beneath them. This suddenly disappears and even the shape of the elephant changes when it uses it's swinging toy. (likely one of the very first animations).

As for unused stuff, I'd suggest discussing it in the old "beta" topics (binoculars, temperature...)
Maybe we should stick to oddities here.

Such as: why is the small burrow looking very similar in size to medium burrow?

• Like 1

Yes, that one is slightly annoying.  I always check the tooltip to make sure I'm choosing the right one.

• Like 1

Vondell

this might count as a weird thing -- are these MM beta items?

59d3fd25881fa_trashbin.png.658118cb2752017d77d9f36b438ef4e3.png

decorative versions are showing up in Ape XP for me and it's my first time seeing them. how long have we known about these?

backdrop.png.41e1684aa5b0e5e08861a148d67fd1ad.pngdrain.png.0d9318d4ff0ab975463add2c86eb828f.png

the trash bin is pretty good-looking. I was always surprised there didn't end up being any themed trash bins in MM.

• Like 1

I think Fern may have been playing with the backdrop at one time, but I never saw the drain or trash can before.  I think they are from the beta version of MM.

I saw those too! I was half tempted to make them work again. There's also water scum in there, too, an old dino digsite looking thing, and a few others. I'm assuming the water scum is what originally would have appeared in the tank rather than the whole thing going green. The digsite looks like another playground-esque thing since it has buckets and spades. There's some different graphics for hay and meat, a decorative stump that looks possibly like enrichment or just another bit of foliage, and some other oddities which are really neat to see.

I know the drain has leftover data from the beta, at least in descriptive text form. Something like 'drains are placed at the bottom of the tank and make gurgling sounds.' Perhaps that may have taken the place of filters, or was just another thing for tank efficiency? 

• Like 1

DJ Pluffs (or Puffs?) released the Marine trashcan at some point, it's completely included in MM. Other interesting graphic is a testbox with Blue Fang logo. I've stumbled accross the drain before; but the backdrop is slightly new to me - although it's not surprising if you take a look at screenshots from beta MM which featured a lot of remarkable things including smaller foliage.

Old dino dig site? I'm interested in that one. I thought something along those lines actually existed in game (decorative only)

Is this the dig site?  It is available at the Zookeeper's Lounge and was something that was supposed to be part of Blue Fangs' Dino Kid pack.

image.png.f04b065c5a391f5cb7d9a03cad6955fc.png