General oddities you've noticed?

Serpyderpy

1 hour ago, HeatherL said:

Is this the dig site?  It is available at the Zookeeper's Lounge and was something that was supposed to be part of Blue Fangs' Dino Kid pack.

image.png.f04b065c5a391f5cb7d9a03cad6955fc.png

Yup, that's the one. It looks really cute, would have been fun to see it officially released, but at least we got a similar thing in ZT2.

Savannahjan

I've never seen these extras before.  Could one of you brilliant young designers please make/remake the backdrop end? 

One of the odd things that everyone has seen over the years is the way some of the animals glide around, especially on water.  I also always used the Super Hack by Jordan, and it's crazy to see a zookeeper swim out into the middle of the water and then try to place food. 

• Like 1

I once had an invisible white Bengal tiger.  He was like that for almost a year before he died of old age.

• Like 1

So I found this, searching through Google to find any obscurities.

i049AxQ.jpg

The Ankylosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Spinosaurus, Mammoth, Allosaurus, Velociraptor and Styracosaurus all seem fairly unchanged. Maybe a tiny bit off but still recognisable. The Campotsaurus has bright spots on their back which is actually sort of apparent on their in-game plaque but with the sprites themselves it looks as if the spots were faded out to not be as intrusive. The Herrarsaurus was more of a blue colour than the original white they settled on, with a normal coloured mouth instead of the cyan one.

The Tyrannosaurus has a more marbled texture on it's back, and an aqua coloured face. I realise this could be the young render but even then this one has very dark markings with a lime outline to them, as opposed to the very dull, muted overall green graphic we got with the final version. Then there's the Caudipteryx peeking in near the Spinosaurus, which looks normal, but then again looking at the in-game plaque reveals it has a tiny tuft of blue feathers on it's head and has a more apparent sunken ring around their eyes as opposed to this one with the green hawk and very sharp features.

Of course, the biggest elephant in the room is what the heck is that green sauropod? I'm assuming this is what the Apatosaurus was envisioned to be but instead we got the brown version which is surprisingly less accurate than the one depicted here. I would have prefered this one, honestly. It's pretty cute.

• Like 1

How about this one- before releasing the animal into the tank, the crate has animal's shadow:

image.jpeg.3192b4f207ae3cdcc4051f34a47ee7d6.jpeg

• Like 1

The dig site is at ZKL done by Jay Dig Setup It was probably not released cos they could not show the kids in the play area.

The testbox is at DG done by me. Blue Fang Boxes along with a few extra colours of it.

The curved backdrop does not line up with the released ones but I have been playing with them. But it does create an interesting wall of sorts.

• 1 month later...

Wow! I have never seen any of these before.  Surprises galore with these games!

• 3 years later...
The Elementalist

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes when you adopt two leopards, eventually one of them (usually the first one) disappears from the menu that shows all animals currently in the zoo? They still get counted among the zoo's animal population if you click on the zoo entrance.

I've had this happen with leopards, black leopards, and clouded leopards.

Savannahjan

I have noticed this many times.  At first, I thought they were not showing up because they maybe were in the shelter, but nope, there they were.  I could click on them, they just weren't listed.  I didn't know if they were reflected in the animal count; never checked that.  I have noticed this with many different animals.  Weird.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
The Elementalist

Update: I found out that if you save a game where the bug with the leopards (which also happens with chimpanzees) happens, and then reload it, it will list all individuals of that species in your zoo the animals menu again.