General oddities you've noticed?

Serpyderpy

The Elementalist

True. As much as I like his work, it still bugs me (pun not intended) that guests can't look at, for example, his small scenery aviary, or that I can't have baby elands without the game crashing. How can something so buggy be so wonderful (or potentially wonderful) at the same time?

• Like 1

Not entirely his fault. Way back then very little was known about how to configure files correctly and Ape was not a good program in many ways.

There are also a number of conflicts with other user made files as he used them as a base for his without getting new ids for them.

For example

In Wild Wings: Small aviary will crash your game. It contains a line that should be deleted.

In my notes on the scenery I have this info:

16. Bird topiary       ucs: A90AC026 check for conflict as in the languages there were several for a red pot.
Grass Square        ucs: A91DC026 check for conflict as in the languages there were several for a clay pot.
Concrete Backdrop     ucs: A9410026 check for conflict as in the languages there were several for a black pot.
WWF Billiboard     ucs: AABFE026 check for conflict as in the languages there were several for a Roman Lion Statue Board.
Sucessive hyacinth macaw reproduction plaque  ucs: BC3DC08B  check for conflict as in the languages there were several for a Emperor Statue Board

I did check and they are in conflict with a large ZA file by someone else.  One or other of the sets needs to give the files new ape ids. Something I started but did not get back to.