Borsato Project

Borsato

It is not a good idea to use ape because all the older versions added unnecessary stuff to the files whenever they were used. Edit manually with notepad. 

Hello

I'm not looking to change files deeply. I am content to play with the animals found on this site and I admire each time the skill of the authors of these achievements.

As I play with the French version, I just try to insert the French name for the comfort of play but it is not absolutely necessary.

For this, I only know the use of APE which, it is true, sometimes creates errors.

I don't know the editing method with notepad. I just tried to open the files but I probably didn't do the right thing because they are unreadable.

• Like 1

I’m sure what you’re doing is fine since it’s for personal use. Translation is hard work as well so kudos for doing what you can to enjoy our mods! 

If the files are unreadable it means you opened a binary file with notepad. That means they are compiled, compressed, or otherwise proprietary. 

Just to make this easier: what are the names of the files you are trying to open and their file extensions? That might tell us exactly what you might be doing wrong. Screenshots might help as well. 

Savannahjan

Goosifer is right, once you download the files, you can alter them however you like for your personal use. 

When I open a .ztd file with notepad (in French “Bloc-notes” but I think it’s the same program),

I find things like that:

PK

±¢žL ë’
  ±/     animals/0839fd12.ucaÍZYoãF~ ÿ GÐŒIÊ’å‡<8>2Ú;†¥Élƒ–Ø’zM‘J³i[ùõ[U}ð–åxv±€!¿®«ëh6ÛüÝή/ýà¡Ûév~ÿ9Jæ,[1]ú"biÚû±Çb±aQÚí\ò%Ë"5Íæj·å0²évÌM·3ÓÕEªÎAòŽ©5([抎-Ï1ÈoZð]¾#­›ãÉ"‰

It might still help to know what file it is you're trying to open if you can and in what directory. I'll assume the following:

• You've extracted your files from the zip file you downloaded
  • You've extracted your files from the .ztd file inside of the zip file
  • You are trying to open the 0839fd12.uca file in that string you posted

If the above is true, it might be a silly guess but your text encoding might be a little different than what we need to edit these files. On your Bloc-notes program, will it tell you at the bottom what type of encoding you have set? Here is mine:

encoding.jpg.27795846ebf55d3fbbe25bfbc38f8856.jpg

If that doesn't seem to be the problem I'll write a short tutorial for my configuration workflow and maybe that would help.

Edit:

I re-read your last message and you said you tried opening the .ztd with Bloc-notes. That might be our problem. A .ztd file is really just a renamed .zip file so you'll want to extract the files within it first before you try opening them with Bloc-notes. Let me know if you you'd like me to expand on that.

Yes Goosifer :great1:

I  extracted a .ztd with Winrar and I found a .UCA file. Now I can read it. I just have to try to understand all this !!!

Many Thanks.

• Like 1

Rather than change lines you will want to add lines. I will find out what the French LCID number is and we leave the English and just add a new set of lines in French.

uca 0839fd12 is for the capybara by Borsato

From Jay

There are 13 French language codes, for different French speaking parts of the world. The main one is 1036, which is for France. I feel the LCID should be left as is. That way the same file will still show English for others. I do not know how much French they want. There is the name in ZT's purchase menu, the tooltip, the "the string" (which ZT probably does not actually use for animals), and the animal info. Assuming all of that will have French, the following section should be added to 0839fd12.uca:

[1036]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/0839FD12/texts/1036.txt
cLongHelp = Adopt a Capybara. Capybara are big rodents that lives in big herds. Capybaras like aquatic foliage in their exhibit.
cName = Capybara
cTheString = the Capybara

Of course the things after the "=" in the last 3 lines should be translated to French. In addition, a new 1036.txt file should be added to the animals/0839FD12/texts directory. That 1036.txt file would be a French translation of the text that will be shown in the animal info window in ZT. The English animal info is already in the 1033.txt file.

Thank you very much Fern,

With your advice and that of Goosifer, I can access the game files and I am starting to understand them. It also allows me to understand a little more some of the forum posts.  But I'm not ready to get into creation like you. For this, I still have a lot of progress to make. Once again, congratulations to all the creators.

• Like 1