Borsato Project

Borsato

17 hours ago, Borsato said:

But the two new animals (Kakapo and Takahe) uses one of my new locations.

Can these be used without the hack?

On 7/8/2019 at 5:56 AM, HeatherL said:

Can these be used without the hack?

Yes, but the location display area will be empty. They should not crash without the dll and ui99.zip.

Savannahjan

Does the u199 file have graphics only in it?  Jane experimented with that concept a few years ago.  Can you insert the .dll file into the main ZT directory without using a hack exe?

Wolverale12
On 7/7/2019 at 3:16 AM, Borsato said:

hello everyone,

it passed a lot of time since my last updated, and I sincerely say I'm sorry to have waited so much for an updated.

Unfortunately things come and go, and that also is true for creativity and inspiration on creating Zoo Tycoon animals and objects.

Because of this I decided to make one last upload on Mega with everything I hadn't uploaded since my last update... ok here we go.

First, this content will be found in this folder: https://mega.nz/#F!OD50jaZb!xy-29-4HVqfH00cvwyCCgw

There is really a lot of things... but we will see them in order.

Animals

Cape Barren Goose, Australia, Savannah

Emu, Australia, Savannah

Hoatzin, South America, Rainforest

Inca Tern, Pacific Ocean, Aquatic

Kakapo, New Zeland, Coniferous Forest (needs ui99.ztd and LANG--ZBorsato.dll)

Marsh Harrier, Europe, Aquatic

Nilgai, India, Savannah

Red River Hog, Africa, Rainforest

Takahe, Grassland, New Zeland (needs ui99.ztd and LANG--ZBorsato.dll)

Objects and Buildings (needs LANG--ZBorsato.dll)

JPOGItems pack:

Speaker

Trashcan

Information Board

Parasaurolophus Fountain

Jurassic Park Burger Stand

Security Camera

Jurassic Park Gift Stand

Jurassic Park Bathroom

The DLL contains the buildings and trashcan messages.

Hacks:

ui99ztd + LANG--ZBorsato.dll

This is what, I can call, a breakthrought. As already explained above I was able to add strings and images for new Eras and Locations.

To make it work, ui99.ztd must be the last file loaded by the game. In this way overrides the other ui*.ztd standard file. The DLL contains the Eras and Locations strings.

I have updated a lot of my animals with the new locations, but I have preferred to not re-release them to not break any savegames. But the two new animals (Kakapo and Takahe) uses one of my new locations.

So for developers who are interested on using the new locations and eras, the codes are the following:

image.png.d7d4119355d6010d3827e0bd6c75c125.png

image.png.3ef2abc399267905c41a25238c320ff1.png

DDvarPatch (needs ui99.ztd + LANG--ZBorsato.dll)

Contains some edits to "classic" Dinosaur Digs files.

Contains:

- Already release Velociraptor\Deinonychus patch.

- Changed Caudipteryx Era from "Jurassic" to "Cretaceous"

- Make "Dinosaur Digs rocks" visible also from the Zoo Tycoon menu

- Changed era for this plants:

Sigillaria -> Carboniferous

Lepidodendron -> Carboniferous

Grass Tree -> Cretaceous (now is visible also from the DD menu)

Glossopteris -> Permian

Wallachia Coniferous Tree -> Permian

Club Moss Shrub -> Silurian

And with this... that's all folks!

Oh nice this gives me even more of an incentive to add in a hack/patch for certain foliage in my Foliage of the World pack to update their location. (I'm already splitting up the combined ztd into individual files already so this might give me something else to do)

Thanks for making this Borsato!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Savannahjan said:

Does the u199 file have graphics only in it?  Jane experimented with that concept a few years ago.  Can you insert the .dll file into the main ZT directory without using a hack exe?

The ui99.ztd has the graphics and the infoimg.cfg that links the images with an ID found in the DLL. The hack doesn't touch the exe file, it is a ztd + dll hack. So yes, you can put the dll in the main ZT directory without worries. 

Savannahjan

Thanks, I'm glad to know that.  

• 10 months later...
AnewZoocreator
On 7/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, Borsato said:

And with this... that's all folks!

That's unfortunate. I love your, and all other, Zoo Tycoon mods!

Something in your pack unfortunately causes me to not be able to hire marine specalists or build any more tanks (except for the "Atlantic tank wall", no tank walls are available.

Now, by progressively narrowing down (deleting a file and restoring it, one by one), I am relatively sure that the Triple Filter is causing this issue. Even other files that I once suspected - e.g. a Coca Cola vending machine - were now ruled out, as was the Double Filter.

Also, the JPOGItems file caused a crash in one of my savegames.

I asked Jay to look at this and here are his replies:

"The Triple Filter is Khaydar's and not Borsato's. I do believe that the Triple Filter will stop MM stuff from appearing in ZT's purchase menus. The Triple Filter has unlock02.scn, which is the same file name that MM uses. I suspect ZT will load only one of them. The Triple Filter probably should have used unlockfilter.scn.

Borsato created JPOGItems.ztd. It certainly has problems. The restaurant is selling takeaway food instead of restaurant food. The fountain is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2. There are unnecessary files. unlock files are not the preferred names and have wrong comments. But offhand I do not see anything that should cause a crash. I did not try to put it in ZT, though. It would have been useful if the person said when the crash occurred."

So at what point did the game crash?

More from Jay: "I tested BR_JPOGItems.ztd dated March 18, 2019. In addition to what I mentioned previously, guests do not use the restroom because the slots are not configured properly. But I did not have any crashes for any of the things in that ".ztd". So I suspect the person's crash is unrelated to that."

AnewZoocreator
6 hours ago, Fern said:

It would have been useful if the person said when the crash occurred."

So at what point did the game crash?

I started ZTCC normally, then clicked "Continue saved game" and, for a few seconds, the zoo appeared, but I couldn't do anything as a few second after, it crashed. Zoo Tycoon just closed, without any error message or anything. 

Thanks for looking into the issues with the Triple Filter, too (for now, I can also go with the Double Filter - don't panic - but still) 

Having deleted the JPOGItems and the Triple Filter, everything works normally with my save.