Khaydar's Projects

Guest Khaydar

Khaydar
6 hours ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

Here you go!

Actually it's the bfb (blender) file I'm looking for, not the animal. It's was inside an asset folder for modders to use. Thanks for gesture thought, It was very kind of you.

YoungerPrinceLothric

whoops I'm dumb sorry 😅 

Khaydar

I have finally reached a point were I am mostly satisfied with the water ripples, there's an example bellow.
Please give feedback on coulors, thickness, size and speed of the ripples. I also removed ripples shadows as they didn't looked good.

https://imgur.com/a/LFcBzZg

• Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 10:53 AM, Khaydar said:

Please give feedback on coulors, thickness, size and speed of the ripples

I think you did a great job with all of the above. Both the animals and the ripples look awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
HENDRIX
On 5/8/2022 at 11:31 PM, Khaydar said:

I'm replacing the Ocean's superstars pygmy right whale model with a new one that I made.
https://i.imgur.com/7JV8lxw.gif
Here's the surface look animation I made. As you can see I'm trying to add water ripple effects with mixed success. I would love using Hendrix's water ripples effect, sadly their drive is unavailable... If someone has the koolasuchus or sarcosuchus fbf files please me, would help a lot....

Also I'm optimizing that pack weight by reducing frame number while decreasing frame rate, the final effect is a less smooth animation and a waaaay lighter file. I will reuse some of my personal models to update other animals like I'm doing for the pygmy whale.

I've fixed the links in my signature, so you can find the anim assets again.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
Khaydar

So I tested my new animal plaque technique using Blender render rather than working on image editing software.

Gone from this:

Capture.PNG.6a7a8bc4c0091fdb2b63be57a765b630.PNG

to this

pygwhale5.png.098a68af53df67c6100b4833e2ced06c.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Khaydar

I also figured out how MM shows actually work, I could make shows works for vanilla animals like the humpback whale or mako shark, using only vanilla assets and stuff already in the game.ezgif-4-6a805feaef.gif.2fe2f62c8b6c7d513ac966a550d79bbe.gif
This little animated gif shows my harbor porpoise in action. Yes those are going in the Ocean superstar remake, thus I will have to change the original porpoise name to dall's. I could make the dall's porpoise do shows as they have a lot of show like animations already in the game, so many animations in fact that I believe it was supposed to be a show animal and was scrapped by Blue fang.

• Love 2

Khaydar

I tried tweaking some vanilla a animals into show animals like the humpback whale. It is theoretically possible with any tank-able animal from Zoo Tycoon's crocodiles and tigers up to Dinosaur Digs giant turtle and plesiosaurus.
The only issue is finding vanilla animations (can be unused ones) that would realistically work in a show. I made a video of my humpback experiment.

I guess I'm finally starting to understand ZT animal behavior. I did run on some weird bugs, when it comes to changing the trick naming so I'm using the bottlenose dolphin one. Also the trick descriptions would require new ID/lang files. Haven't tried show toys yet as they would require new animations, something that cannot be made for vanilla, user made animals however....

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Khaydar

Made the harbor porpoise plaque, thinking of redoing the sprites from scratch.

n.png.7fa004fbbfaf709dc316c3dcf0618068.png

• Like 1