Khaydar's Projects

Guest Khaydar

Years ago, I actually made a basic show with a tiger (and fake surface in a tank). I was planning land shows, Tasmanian Tiger (Taz) was looking into graphics 😁

Unfortunately, I don't have the graphics talent to pull it off, and sadly she passed away before she could.

Khaydar
2 hours ago, jbl89 said:

Years ago, I actually made a basic show with a tiger (and fake surface in a tank). I was planning land shows, Tasmanian Tiger (Taz) was looking into graphics 😁

Unfortunately, I don't have the graphics talent to pull it off, and sadly she passed away before she could.

Funny enough I had that same idea yesterday, using the same approach. The only issue is that it would make land animals to walk over water in vanilla tanks. While I could pull the graphics and animations, I don't think I could work with vanilla animals or get the same style as Blue Fang. It impresses me that Taz managed to get the style spot on.

Khaydar

With the harbour porpoise out of the way, work on the common dolphin had started. Just finished tweaking the texture and shading. Here's a preview of the before and after. (note that the recent model is just scenery, no animations yet)

Capture.PNG.718eec50b5b7897b611af80d650fa9ae.PNG

left bigger model is the more recent one

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 10:15 PM, Khaydar said:

Side by side comparison with the original bottlenose;

It looks great! Even better than before.

But isn´t it a little too big? Bottlenose dolphin is the largest dolphin-like looking (I hope this is understandable) dolphin, and they look smaller than your common dolphin (you can ignore this, it´s just a nitpicking)

Khaydar
On 12/8/2022 at 5:23 PM, Hawkkeye666 said:

But isn´t it a little too big? Bottlenose dolphin is the largest dolphin-like looking (I hope this is understandable) dolphin, and they look smaller than your common dolphin (you can ignore this, it´s just a nitpicking)

Yes and No.
No they aren't because: I checked the bottlenose size compared to guests  (swimming building) and staff, turns out those dolphins are around 2.5 m which is a very common size for them, far away from the alleged 4 m maximum. Therefore they are correctly scaled.
Yes they are because: ZT1 scale is weird, animals are oversized, it's obvious in dinosaurs, very visible in MM, original animals are the closest to their natural size (looking at that clouded leopard larger than a tapir).

My approach is; Keeping the animals close to their maximum size (if not sightly bigger) due to graphic limitations, while keeping it consistent with the MM sizes. My harbour porpoise is 1.9/2m in lenght wich is around the max size reported, even though most individuals are at 1.5/1.6 m. Common dolphin is at 2.5m, their maximum reported size.

P.S: Those screenshoots were a work in progress, forgot to specify that, my bad.

Capture.PNG.7473ac9c46f9687b1b7bfc81c61ee605.PNG

Here's the final version, same size

• Like 2

Khaydar

I've finished remaking the dusky dolphin.

Capture.PNG.b45d4f886a169ba22682ee678bfe7a93.PNG

has the common and bottlenose for scale

• Like 1

Khaydar

Started working on the striped dolphin.

Capture.PNG.588b859538a9b8902b696318aedf7692.PNG

I've just realised I got the original size very wrong, my sources give a average size of 2.4 m long, the original is less than 2m. I'm making it the same size as the common dolphin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Khaydar said:

Started working on the striped dolphin.

Capture.PNG.588b859538a9b8902b696318aedf7692.PNG

I've just realised I got the original size very wrong, my sources give a average size of 2.4 m long, the original is less than 2m. I'm making it the same size as the common dolphin.

They look great... But I will have to rework my dolphins to suit this. At least I can correct the tilt. (Grumpy noises) 

The new dolphins look great. The patterns/colors feel a step ahead of zt1 but that common dolphin still feels exactly like a lost animal. I look forward to using it!