Wolv12's Projects

Wolverale12

They look terrific!

Great idea, greatly done

On 9/1/2018 at 2:12 AM, Fern said:

One way to check is surround them with a path and then rotate the zoo and watch them move around. It might be an idea to go back and recheck and maybe update those that need it. If you need help just ask as there are some of us here that will help one way or another. From memory most of the animals from way back at uncrated could do with some updating. There are more tools and info around than there would have been when they were done.

Are you talking about my ancient projects that I made when I was a child? (the white rhino, water tiger, troodon, radar, garfish, etc.) If so, I don't plan on updating those since they're so old and I'm not sure if people want recolored sprites anymore for animals with all of these new sprite rendered animals being made. I was in the process of remaking some of those old animals last year but I canceled the project since I wasn't sure people wanted recolored sprites for animals anymore, just didn't feel up to snuff you know. This is what I was working on before I decided to cancel it.

Oh and btw the rotations work perfectly on these current plants, I'm using zoot to make sure that they are fitting correctly to the grid.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:09 AM, MetaKnight said:

Thank you so much for this! I'm glad and happy that Zoo Tycoon new content creation is booming lately, but it seems scenery and foliage are neglected when I would think/love to see more of them. Is the Ocotillo supposed to be that big though? It looks gigantic in the picture.

Yeah that's how tall it is in Zoo Tycoon 2 with AD's CC pack, also on wikipedia it said it can grow up to 33 feet tall iirc.

--------------------

Also thanks for the comments so far everyone, made another piece of foliage last night.

African Teak - Rainforest - Africa - Aurora Designs CC pack african teak

oeKA1Oh.jpg

Cardboard Palm - Aquatic - South America - Aurora Designs CC pack cardboard palm

zdAUBUv.jpg

Indian Lotus - Aquatic - India - Aurora Designs CC pack indian lotus

6uENary.jpg

Also I updated the habitats for the dragon tree to desert and the tall kangaroo paw to savannah.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you for your work...

I am offering my opinion only...But what would it hurt if those things you created would be updated...I enjoy having the option of choosing the animals or other files that are available...it can only be a good thing!

On 9/1/2018 at 11:10 PM, Fern said:

Probably. It is up to you since they are still available.

I don't mind recolours of animals.

Your new stuff looks interesting.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:45 PM, caddienoah said:

Thank you for your work...

I am offering my opinion only...But what would it hurt if those things you created would be updated...I enjoy having the option of choosing the animals or other files that are available...it can only be a good thing!

I'll think about it, my fellow designer of the 'Animals of the World' pack has kind of been burnt out of ZT1 and I don't know when he'll be interested in the game again to design for it, it all depends on when he'll come back to ZT1.

--------------------

Brazilian Peppertree - Grasslands - South America - Aurora Designs CC pack brazilian peppertree

Lge8VCL.jpg

Plate Coral - Aquatic - Tropical Oceans Worldwide - Blue Fang's plate coral

pYVvxA0.jpg

Larkspur - Highlands - Asia - Blue Fang's larkspur

y9QLSSv.jpg

• Love 1

Sorry for the bump, just wanted to show off more foliage that I've made so far.

[I'll update this post with more foliage later when I take the pics of the new foliage]

Quila - Rainforest - South America - Aurora Designs CC pack quila (bamboo)

SfCr7uN.jpg

HENDRIX

Heads up, if you import bfbs with their normals (Check the toggle on Import), the foliage might have better shading. Not sure if the blender internal renderer considers the edited normals, though.

On 9/5/2018 at 5:21 AM, HENDRIX said:

Heads up, if you import bfbs with their normals (Check the toggle on Import), the foliage might have better shading. Not sure if the blender internal renderer considers the edited normals, though.

Personally I thought the Quila looked better without importing the bfb with their normals.

--------------------

Tamarack - Coniferous Forest - North America - Blue Fang's tamarack

CzlmDrY.jpg

Large Water Lily - Aquatic - Worldwide - Blue Fang's water lily

jLzp9wL.jpg

Small Wetlands Log - Aquatic - Worldwide - Blue Fang's small wetlands log

1YwoKGJ.jpg

Bald Cypress - Aquatic - North America - Blue Fang's bald cypress

fLNwWVB.jpg

Gamba Grass - Aquatic - Africa - Blue Fang's gamba grass

OSidFwo.jpg

• Like 1

The above plant project is awesome!  Any chance of an oak?  I don't know where Blue Fang got their version, but it looks nothing like any oak I've ever seen.  (I actually won't use any animals that prefer it because I think it is so ugly.)

Please don't give up on the Animals of the World project.  There is nothing wrong with recolors and I would use at least half of the ones in this pack.  I would also be interested in the scrub & boreal rocks as a separate combined pack. 

The scrub bush is also very nice, perhaps it could go in the Foliage Pack?

https://zootycoonuncrated.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=15

8 minutes ago, HeatherL said:

The above plant project is awesome!  Any chance of an oak?  I don't know where Blue Fang got their version, but it looks nothing like any oak I've ever seen.  (I actually won't use any animals that prefer it because I think it is so ugly.)

Please don't give up on the Animals of the World project.  There is nothing wrong with recolors and I would use at least half of the ones in this pack.  I would also be interested in the scrub & boreal rocks as a separate combined pack. 

The scrub bush is also very nice, perhaps it could go in the Foliage Pack?

https://zootycoonuncrated.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=15

Most of the oak like trees in ZT2 when converted to sprites are just a bunch of leaves, you can't see the trunk at all so I'm not really sure if I want to make those since it just looks like a giant bush in ZT1.

Also again it all depends on when my fellow designer Fireplume will get back into ZT1 for me to continue working on the Animals of the World pack.

As for the rocks, I definitely think it would be a good idea to move them into a separate pack from the AotW pack, although I'm not sure how useful they would be considering that nothing in vanilla ZT1 uses the boreal or scrub habitats.

And finally for the scrub bush which is a recolor of the DD tundra bush, again it's habitat is the scrub biome and I'm not sure what would really like to use it ingame. Although I would still consider putting it in this current pack along with the green grass from AotW that's just used to decorate all exhibits.