Yellowrose ZT 1 Creations

Yellowrose

Well being kinda bored with what I was doing and the Community for ZT being what it is and always hungry for new goodies for the game I have made the decision to return to creating for ZT again. Not sure how long it will last but I'm here until such a time something happens that my interest wains which may not be for a long time.

What have I got in the pipeline?

Well as of the moment not much as I just opened up my 3D design program but the thought is a new Christmas Pack starting with a new decorative column. My idea for these is to have both plain columns and columns with lanterns. these are all made from scratch using Sketchup and totally my own design. Color combinations will be red & white, Green & White, Green & Red just simple to begin with maybe toss in some green & gold and Red & Gold along with red & silver and green & silver and possibly blue & silver. Once I have the base design completed will add a pic for you here but wanted to give you all something to think about and possibly get a few other color combinations you would like to see.

• Love 4

No quite happy yet the colors are off but may look better once in game. just need to figure out how to get rid of the black outline around them so when I do the screens for assembly they aren't seen.

Column1.png

does anyone remember the skew angle I can't remember if it's 29.7 degrees or 27.9 degrees

Second Column design looks a little more like what I was thinking although again the clors look darker then I would like so hopefully ZT brightens them up a bit.

Column2.png

HENDRIX
1 hour ago, Yellowrose said:

does anyone remember the skew angle I can't remember if it's 29.7 degrees or 27.9 degrees

Skew angle? My blender tool renders the sprites with the camera facing down at 45°.

never could get my mind around the blender interface....lol....still using an older version of sketchup I got over 10 years ago. This endevor is a new learning curve I haven't made anything for ZT in about 10 years so I have to learn it all again like a newbie....lol Played with the map editor earlier that all came back fairly quick and once I get working with the programs again won't take me long. Just wish there was a way to get the actual mesh into ZT make things a whole lot easier. over the past 8 years I have been creating for a 3D chat client and getting meshes into that was easy and made creating a lot different with what I have learned over the last 8 years I'd love to be able to get the actual textured mesh into the game rather then just using images to do it.

HENDRIX

I'm sure sketchup has some sort of rendering functionality. You might want to update to the latest sketchup version?

Mhhm, I've heard that dozens of times about the blender UI :D

and yes the grid ZT uses has a skew angle and if I remember right it was 27.9 degrees. The reason I wanted clarification on the angel is because I want to make a base in sketchup I can work from when building a mesh and having that confirmation would make it much easier to build on the base and then do the screenshots needed although for these simple columns I really only need the one image for all 4 directions but if I can build them up at the proper skew makes the screens easier to get. I have a newer version of the free sketchup but not sure it has the power blender does can't remember seeing any rendering option in it but I'll have a look