Newest Member
    Sladhued

• DragonEmperor500
    • kong
    • Fern

Jordan's Projects

Jordan

genkicoll

I was running a very large zoo, and every themed part of the zoo had a different low fence surrounding the exhibits. Despite the amount of animals running around, the guest happiness wouldn't go over the low 70's! Taking a look at guest thoughts for exhibits, NONE of the exhibits with the fences mentioned had guest thoughts! As soon as I replaced the fencing in my marine area, there were the guest thoughts for those exhibits and the guest happiness jumped to the high 80's. When I replaced the fencing in the other two areas, up to the 90's!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jordan

• genkicoll

• Professor Paul

• pukkie

Jordan

I just ran some tests to see what is going on here. I set up a zoo with one exhibit, surrounded it with one of the fences you mentioned and then clicked on a guest who just came in and waited to see if thoughts popped up. I did this for each of the fences and my guests could see through all of them. :blink:

genkicoll

Really?? How weiiiiird!! I wonder why I was having troubles, then!

Oh, and have you noticed how well loved your new unicorns are, Jordan? :elkgrin: They're soooo niiiiice~ :wink: hehe

I was running a very large zoo, and every themed part of the zoo had a different low fence surrounding the exhibits. Despite the amount of animals running around, the guest happiness wouldn't go over the low 70's! Taking a look at guest thoughts for exhibits, NONE of the exhibits with the fences mentioned had guest thoughts! As soon as I replaced the fencing in my marine area, there were the guest thoughts for those exhibits and the guest happiness jumped to the high 80's. When I replaced the fencing in the other two areas, up to the 90's!

Which low fences were you using? Were you using the invisible fence with decorative fences? Most decorative fences are cHeight = 2 so peeps won't see through them.

Also see this Exhibit Fence Behaviours

genkicoll

It's up there in post #244:

Guests can't see past at least 4 of the Blue Fang low decorative fences: The snowy fence (came with CC), the rainforest fence and both of the Atlantis decorative fences!! It's just not right! They're low fences, guests should be able to see past them!

And yes, we were using the invisible fence except with the marine decorative fences. This was in our club zoo, Sally :wink:

Really? I looked at the code, and they are set up the same way as other official fences which I believe can be seen through.

cHeight = 1

There isn't a "cSeeThrough = x" line for any of the low fences, but this is what sets tall ones like the concrete fence to opaque.

Inserting cSeeThrough = 1 may do it, but I'm not sure why this is happening in the first place.

cHeight = 1 can be seen over regardless of what the file type is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dragoncub

Apparently this is where I can make requests? If the quality from the other stuff I've seen is any indication, I'm sure you will be able to do animals from scratch, especially ones that are already small and move very little anyway - probably just scuff their mostly hidden feet on the ground.

I would very much like to have a beaver for my zoo, I love beavers, they are my favourite animal! Either species, I don't really mind. And it would be good if they needed a shelter, preferably a burrow that I could place on a single unit of dirt/coniferous land in the middle of the water. Elesewise I could try making a lodge myself later, or request a lodge of someone else.

And I think I'll just clarify that, contrary to popular believe, beavers never actually eat fish. They usually eat leaves and buds, and during winter they stock up twigs to eat in 'storerooms' while they stay warm in their lodge. So they would be fed grass and branches, not fish.

Thank you very much!

No, no, seriously! It's great there are still people willing to take these requests!

Dragoncub, there's already a beaver available in the RSN pack. Unfortunately I can't link to the download because zoo admin is down. It's a quality animal though, almost on par with the official Blue Fang animals.

EDIT:

Whoops! Turns out I'm not allowed to upload these sorts of files. Removed.

Guest Dragoncub

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

I will download it when I get home as I am using a puclic computer right now. :)

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Hobbitpostman

I want to thank you so much for the Striped Skunk. It has always saddened me how many common zoo animals of the Northern Hemisphere aren't in the game, and the skunk is perfect. Any chance you could do a bit of recolor for the spotted skunk?

Also, thanks for the mt nyala and related antelopes. A great addition, as these animals are so common in zoos and drive-through wildlife parks.