Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle

Hello friends! I think it is time for me to start sharing the projects I'm working on for zoo tycoon 1 with my fellow tekkies.  Feel free to share your own thoughts if you like, I'm always interested in good ideas, inspirations, motivations, and personal impressions so don't be afraid to jump right in and give suggestions. 

Currently in this thread I am talking about some new projects!  Jump to the bottom of page 23 if you want to see my plans for a zoo tram!

• Like 1

Particle

Here are some screenshots of zookini:

This is the first thing you'll see, notice that there is even a button for launching the game.

zookini1.jpg.d9443d3c7f3ab85910b8c1afc9a1f16d.jpg

Particle

I made this program as easy to use as possible, so all you need to do is, download it, extract the files from the zip, then run it from anywhere on your file system.  The first thing it will do is try to automatically find your zoo.ini file.  If it is in your zoo tycoon install folder in program files (which it usually is) it should find it just fine.  If however you have installed the game in another place, or if when you installed it, it did not have admin permissions, then it may be that you will have to search for the zoo.ini file on your own.  If that is the case, just click on Load zoo.ini and navigate to the folder where your zoo.ini is located.  (The usual places for this is in your user folder: localappdata).

Once it finds the zoo.ini file zookini first makes a backup of your zoo.ini file and names it zoo.ini.original.  This file is never overwritten by zookini.  If you ever feel like you just want to start over with this original zoo.ini file, then you can click the Full zoo.ini Reset Button, and it will copy that zoo.ini.original to zoo.ini for you.  Also, if you do ever save changes, then it will make a backup of the last zoo.ini file you had called zoo.ini.undo, which you can restore by hitting the Undo Last Save button.  These 2 backups make it incredibly safe to edit your zoo.ini file without any risk. 

Also, there is error checking on all the input fields, to keep you from entering bad values that aren't allowed by the game, but if it somehow did happen, the game would still launch just fine (it would just replace the bad values with default values).  I promise that this is a very safe and easy program to use, so don't be afraid to give it a try.  :)

Some other notes:  You don't really need to change the DrawRate( which is basically max fps) unless you have a monitor that allows for a very high refresh rate, but it won't hurt anything to do it.  Also, try changing the UpdateRate to 60 if your computer is fairly fast, and you'll notice that the animations/graphics in the game are super smooth!  When you change the starting cash or any cash options, it will look a little funny when you get to the freeform mode select screen but don't worry, when you go into the game, you'll see the actual cash amounts.  Try setting the starting cash and maximum cash to 2,000,000,000 if you want to start out with a ton of money.

Also if you need some good wav files to use for testing out the mainmenu theme song, here is a zip file with all 5 of the theme songs from ZT2 and the expansions.  Just stick these anywhere in your zoo tycoon folder (I have a folder named /sounds) and then you can select them from zookini and they should play when you boot into zoo tycoon.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16xE0eZY6Mjxkq47FwLFtvNm6ZdszjhyU

That should be enough for right now, I'll be adding stuff to this thread as I go, but just to give you a taste, I'm redoing the entire R&D system for the game, working on lots of UI mods, making more fence sets, and more creatures with original artwork!  Of course, if you find any bugs in zookini, let me know so I can fix them.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

carlos franco

Hi, I used the program but it caused me to conflict with the hacks I use, even with the extended menu mod, and it doesn't take long for the game to close automatically

Particle

You'll have to explain to me further what you mean carlos, because I don't even know how it is possible that it could conflict with any hack.  It does not actually override any game files.  Although it does modify the zoo.ini file, technically it is not a mod at all.

If you want you could also private message me a copy of the zoo.ini (and if they are there, the zoo.ini.original and zoo.ini.undo) from your game folder, so that I can see if there is something wrong with it.

For now, you should be able to just use the "Full zoo.ini Reset" button to change the zoo.ini back to the original one that you were using before you used my program.  Let me know if that works.

carlos franco

I will make some screenshots of the structure of my folder, I remember that I made some configuration that perhaps originated this detail, the program I tried last night and it was the only thing I had open, and in the program the only thing I modified to run the game was Skip the start videos of the game.

Particle

1. Are you using the Complete Collection?

2.  It sounds to me like maybe something is wrong with the Addon Resource Path?

Try this and see if it fixes it:

zookini3.jpg.7df1ac93cf3d1a997c66ac3624569366.jpg

If that does not work, private message me a copy of zoo.ini.original from your zoo tycoon folder and I should be able to figure it out.

Cricket

@carlos franco, how many downloads do you have in your dlupdate folder?  If you have too many, this could cause your game to automatically shut down.  I've had this happen to me before.  You might want to check on this.  Just a thought.

carlos franco

I had an excess of ztd files, I am making packages and I currently have less than 250 files, I think the error may be due to my errors is causing the error