Particle's Projects

Particle

YoungerPrinceLothric
On 10/30/2020 at 9:01 PM, Particle said:

More work in progress, I put all these in game to see how they look and fit, but they are not finished yet.  That barrel is not the one from the game, it is one I did, and it is colorswappable.  I'm not sure how many  of these other things will be colorswappable, if any, because they look ok as they are.  I do really like how they fit together, you can make a nice little stack of goods in many different ways.

maint07.jpg.3b12c48b2aebdf3dd1992aec233b7c05.jpg

For the rest of the evening, I'm going to work on some basic building block buildings in the box style, that I can use for future testing of sets.  Basically at this point I know I want one more size building for this set, in the basic box style, but I'm not sure yet what size will make for some interesting shapes.  Everything so far is 2x2 or 4x4 or 8x8 so I need something odd in there.  Also the next set I do will be the concrete structures so these buildings will be prototypes for that set, and so this is something I've been thinking about doing for a few days now.  Thanks for all the nice compliments tekkies, you know I love zt1 for a million reasons and one of the main reasons is the art style and another is the fact that you can rotate to 4 views,which is not something most isometric games can do...  both of these things make it a real challenge to do art for this game, but I'm having fun and I think I'm getting the hang of it.  :)

I have been looking for this particular post! I don't know if you are still modding for ZT, but I have been trying to replicate something similar to backstage prop scenery using various downloads from zootek—I wanted to give a feel that these areas had a 'storage' area of sorts where it looked like the zookeepers and maintenance were more 'involved' in the goings-on of the zoo than in vanilla. My results aren't perfect but I think I'm onto something! (Mod credit: Emperor-Warehouse & Goods by RDingFT)

Zoo813.jpg

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

Thank you so much, that looks wonderful!

• 1 year later...
On 10/13/2020 at 10:17 PM, Z.Z. said:

Guests will walk on the waterfall paths, however if the desired effect is water naturally flowing down a slope from say a river of water terrain, into a lake of water terrain, the one or two pieces of waterfall path would be separated from the guests by rocks and foliage so the guests could not actually get to them.

That being said, if you can create a wedge piece that animates the water terrain to make it appear to flow down the hillside, that would be awesome too, albeit a little more difficult to set up as you would not be able to place plants or rocks on the wedge.
The main problem I have with the path is that it does not blend with the terrain like the water terrain does, so there is a definite line where the path connects to the water.
image.png.60d483be85491755a8158e39b3ba1c78.png

I know this is ages ago ZZ but do you know that if you place one tile of concrete or asfalt underneath that water tile there will be no line where vit connects to the water I use it all the time and where I have those paths I make sure under the path is either concrete or asphalt

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if Particle ever finished his backstage props pack? All of my mods are animated and want to take a break from that for a while, so this might be fun as a respite.

YoungerPrinceLothric
32 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

Does anyone know if Particle ever finished his backstage props pack? All of my mods are animated and want to take a break from that for a while, so this might be fun as a respite.

I don't believe so.