Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle

I had put together a box piece that fit the set and was looking at everything and decided I needed one more observation area/roof type that was smaller, and fit the typical size of an observation area.  It was pretty fun to do this piece and I think it turned out really nice considering I didn't even know if I could do a metal truss.  This is zoomed in, the bottom pieces are just to give you an idea of the size:

maint09.jpg.e30aaf880c1e563849f70d7944a9fa52.jpg

And they are color swap already:

maint08.jpg.1d1d7deaacf8e992bf5449a9a90d4d61.jpg

You can also see the mockup of the box building in that picture.  I think the set is pretty good now, I'm going to start finishing the pieces tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Particle

I always hated the floor for the carousel it made no sense to me.  This was just a little test I did to see if I could erase the floor in the background of the carousel.  The carousel has a huge amount of on used animations, for when it spins.  But  it uses one background frame for all the parts that don't move.  So I edited one view to see how easy it would be to change only the background but leave the rest of the frames the same (with colorswap still working), and I think it worked.  So my question is has anyone else done this mod?  I looked around but I didn't see anything like this:

carousel01.jpg.a3ee9efd41d5e46307ebeca7ff88a0d7.jpg

Z.Z.

Looks good.

The only issue I can see is there is no footprint demarcation or visible entrance location.

Perhaps covering the base with small bushes and ferns instead would help?

I like it better without the outside stuff.  Devona made 2 double-Decker carousels-one with and one without the floor, or in her case tents.  She got around the no visible entrance by having it accessed on all sides. It's available at Zookeeper's Lounge but if you want to look at it, I can send it.

Particle

Thanks everyone for the answers, that is actually a really nice one that devona made.  Must have taken a lot of work.  This test I admit took me only like 20 mins to do, but the main thing I was testing was to see if the colorswap still worked after I did it.  I would want it to be accessed from all sides, that makes sense.  Heather can you send me the one you have so I can play with it?

15 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

Perhaps covering the base with small bushes and ferns instead would help?

Doing anything that is over the top of the animations is going to be hard.  Just fixing the one background image is easy.  So I could add a floor that fits the smaller space, or just leave it so you can make your own floor.  The part where there is a little notch in the bottom of the carousel I think I can fix that by adding a little bit to the background image.

Edit: for reference this is what I'm working with, you can see the first image is the foreground, and the next 2 are the backgrounds, the first is the one that it came with, the second is the one I did where I edited out the floor.

carousel1.jpg

Particle

Yesterday I didn't really get anything accomplished, (because I was watching football) but I did have some fun messing around.  I made these:

foodtank01.jpg.c38ebd96b404482de5ecdb0d7b947c36.jpg

These are supposed to be food tanks.  They fit 2x2 footprint, and they look ok in  game, but honestly the top of them is so boring.  So I decided to put these under roofs, which I'll have screenshots of that soon.  But they were also a test of cylinder size to footprint, which I'm trying to figure out right now for future reference, so it was a good learning experiment.  Also I did this roof:

roof26.jpg.38ade8bf1de773930740333b003c4610.jpg

Not sure where it will be used yet.  But I like it.

I'm also working on a larger water tank, probably to go with the concrete set, but I've been playing with the size and look of it, and so far I've got nothing that I'm happy with.  This is the best thing I came up with so far, but I don't really like it, so I'm just putting it here to show you the size and shape I'm thinking about:

watertank01.jpg.a6ef3126566ebfa763b724501d34a481.jpg

In the last week I've put about 10 other tanks/silos in game that I just didn't think worked.  That is basically a lot of my time right now is just sticking things in the game to see if I like how they fit.  It's kind of fun.  :)

• Love 1