VNDragon's ZT1 Projects

VNDragonV2

YoungerPrinceLothric

there are large dinosaurs in the game who ask for shelters, and I personally find it frustrating that our options are so limited. 

Actually, shelters for dinosaurs make sense. In zoos, even animals who normally do not use shelters in the wild (ungulates, elephants, etc.) need shelters to have some privacy from visitors and/or other animals sharing their exhibit because of limited space.

• Like 1

I can totally code for the smaller ones to use more regular shelters, but I'm afraid we are limited with the larger ones. I also agree with Hawkkeye, most animals in captivity use shelters, even when most of them don't use caves or burrows in the wild.

The shelter thing aside, I have a new fun idea!

I never like how the large herbivores in DDs are just pushovers that get preyed on by other creatures, so I decided to tweak my Apatosaurus a bit to make it one of the game's strongest creatures: aside from the 3 large theropods, the 3 elephants, and other large herbivorous dinosaurs, Apatosaurus can now crush everything else. 

Here I started a battle royale with a bunch of different carnivores, a Yeti, and Apatosaurus.

Zoo032.jpg.a51424000c103ffeeb23e99ad5ecb5d6.jpg

Within a month, Apatosaurus crushed almost everything else before laying down to rest for a bit.

Zoo033.jpg.d176d9698744224315e8b088a0f86e70.jpg

Let me know what you think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Electric Dreams

I really like the idea having the larger herbivore dinosaurs no longer being pushovers. It makes the game more realistic and makes sense that larger herbivores would be able to kill smaller carnivores that attack them.

• Like 3

You could always make it a uca file instead of a hack so people have a choice.

By the way it is hilarious to see a T-Rex use a burrow shelter.

• Haha 2

Yep why not. The problem with hacks is they can conflict with other hacks.

I also did the tank foliage the same way I did the shelters so there is a set around that is animated on water terrain and ground. By doing that it meant I can still use the ingame tank ones in desert scenes when I want a dead dried look.

• Like 2

I totally see your philosophy there, especially since you have consistently reflected it in your work. However, that would defeat the purpose of this hack, which tackles the same problem (i.e hacks conflicting one another) but in a different way: to harmonize 5 different DD hacks currently available around the community. A lot of the extra features I have done also remain non-invasive to the general zoo-building experience as well (e.g: the rampaging herbivores would only matter if you let them escape).