VNDragon's ZT1 Projects

VNDragonV2

YoungerPrinceLothric

I will make a test zoo later on today and let you know if I run into any problems. 😊

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

The club moss shrub was pictured as Stegosaurus's preferred foliage, but when placed in the exhibit, they become angry and the suitability window says they don't like it.

I was, however, able to give them a suitable exhibit with vondell's new foliage.

steg3.png

steg4.png

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

due to chronic illness flareups, I will be away from my computer for the better part of today, so I can't give any further updates on the combined hack. I will say, however, that I was able to build successful exhibits for the triceratops, tyrannosaurus rex, and feathered velociraptor with no issues. none of those dinosaurs behaved in peculiar ways, crashed the game, or showed conflicting information. and they all LOVED vondell's new foliage. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the report. I just patched it up. Hopefully it will get approved soon.

I also take no credit for their compatibility with Vondell's plants. They are already that way back in No Grass Please.

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

did some more playing around today. here's a list of dinosaurs that gave me no problems, bred as expected, didn't crash the game, etc.:

caudipteryx

spinosaurus

macrauchenia 

deinonychus 

giant tortoise

ankylosaurus

styracosaurus

lambeosaurus (note: styraco and lambeo both enjoy sharing the same exhibit together! no conflicts)

camptosaurus

giant ground sloth

iguanodon

gallimimus

coelophysis

tarpan (also paracamelus and steppe bison. they all enjoy being in the same exhibit together with no conflicts)

herrerasaurus

kentrosaurus

loch ness monster

allosaurus

deinosuchus

woolly mammoth

plesiosaurus

saber-toothed cat

apatosaurus

the following were problematic:

plateosaurus: complained when I put the sigillaria tree into its exhibit despite the preferred foliage icon showing sigillaria. otherwise they were not hard at all to please and they gained top exhibit suitability just like the others once I gave them different foliage.

plat2.png

plat.png

Thank you so much for testing everything out and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the hack.

- Styracosaurus and Lambeosaurus were made compatible with one another by P-Rex. This makes perfect sense because they both came from the upper Dinosaur Park Formation.

- The tarpan, woolly mammoth, woolly rhino, steppe bison, and Paracamelus are all compatible with one another. P-Rex originally made the 3 new bonus animals for the sake of creating a large, combined mammoth steppe exhibit!

- Plateosaurus' preferred foliage was set to Sigillaria by P-Rex himself. Now that I actually looked into it, the true preferred foliage for Plateosaurus is Leptocycas (just like for Herrerasaurus). Sigillaria also doesn't make sense in the first place because they went extinct in the Permian.

Now for some actual updates as I spend more time playing with the animals: I have decided to nerf the fence bashing strength of MANY Dinosaur Digs animals, using the bashing strength of the African Elephant (76) as the baseline. DD made some of these animals unreasonably strong. For example, the woolly mammoth, which is barely bigger than both modern elephants, has a bashing strength 2.5 times higher than its modern counterparts (185). I have lowered it to a more reasonable level (e.g: in the mammoth's case, it's lowered to 90).

image.png.0f187bfa1d136453fdd41be4e566c194.png

There will be some subtle changes in habitat preferences in some animals' habitat preference and compatible objects. In most cases, I will be adding more items (foliage, shelter, rock) that I feel the animals should be compatible with. If you have any suggestions (a.k.a you see some items that the animals should be fine with but they aren't), please share them here.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Electric Dreams
6 hours ago, VNDragonV2 said:

I have decided to nerf the fence bashing strength of MANY Dinosaur Digs animals, using the bashing strength of the African Elephant (76) as the baseline. DD made some of these animals unreasonably strong. For example, the woolly mammoth, which is barely bigger than both modern elephants, has a bashing strength 2.5 times higher than its modern counterparts (185). I have lowered it to a more reasonable level (e.g: in the mammoth's case, it's lowered to 90).

Very nice! I understand it was most likely for adding some challenge to the game but I didn't really like why mammoths and several of the smaller dinosaurs and animals introduced in Dinosaur Digs had to be contained in such strong fencing when it looks like some of the base game fencing would hold them just fine.

YoungerPrinceLothric

I would LOVE to see newer shelters for the giant theropods like t-rex and allosaurus.

• Like 1

I don't understand why dinosaurs like the t-rex need a shelter.  I'm sure there weren't enough big caves for them to live in way back when.