VNDragon's ZT1 Projects

VNDragonV2

On 6/28/2022 at 11:06 PM, LapisLazuli77 said:

So it has been almost a full year since the last update, and almost a full year since I've been using this mod. Definitely very useful, very well-made, and very satisfying, but I do ask; would it be possible if I could please modify this hack and possibly improve it(mostly in regards to editing the .ai files of the animals further and strive for even more accuracy and logic).

Hi, sorry I clearly haven't been checking the forum in recent months (although it's odd that I did not get notified by your comment at all...).
All Zoo Tycoon mods are public domain, so you are free to work on your own version of it. In hindsight, I might reverse the aquatic preference on Meiolania now, but I will skim the scientific literature again to see if any new arguments have risen on either side in the past years.

If I find your edits sensible I may even just update the current file with yours so we wouldn't have multiple versions in the download section.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have been a huge fan of this mod ever since I installed it a year ago, and it has been part of the reason I have gotten into Zoo Tycoon again. I have been going through the arduous process of learning to mod myself, and am currently working on a more accurate plesiosaurus that is entirely aquatic, inspired by the accuracy that this combined mod brings. I have successfully made the plesiosaurus fully aquatic, and I just need to do some animation tweaks since there wasn't a submerged-aquatic eating animation already, and the plesiosaurus has a glitchy upwards swimming animation already present in the game. I'll post it when I finish it up, and if you'd like to add it to the combined mod, I would love that!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Fern said:

Good grief I had no idea that Pixigger's site was still around.

I'll see what I can find out.

I found another time-capsule circa 2001 that is still up and is so fascinating to go through. I wish I could share it but some of the websites it links to are now parked at less-than-friendly URLs. Maybe I'll take screenshots later.

• Thanks 1