VNDragon's ZT1 Projects

VNDragonV2

Has this hack been released? Can't find it in the download section, and the link provided on page 4 by isn't working either.

If you mean the Dinosaur Digs Combined Realism Hack by VNDragon It was approved August 2020 but for some reason it has been unapproved. You need to contact Cricket.

Ah, it might be because I made a quick update on August 21 and it went back into pending. I should get a 1.22 posted before someone is available to test though to address all the concerns YoungerPrinceLothric pointed out back in August 22-26.

image.png.f3f43ef5947ea690d0ff453b08d78a1b.png

• Like 1

Just updated the file to make sure I have all the changes from last September incorporated. The whole aggressive herbivores were not added because I never have time to finish it back then. @Cricket I listed all changes in the patch note. They are all relatively minor and doesn't require much testing. The version should be 1.22, so please let me know if it shows up as an older version to the moderation team.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roosaurus

Oh hey! I asked about that last year... Really hope it gets reapproved. Have been wanting to use your Dino Digs hack for some time

• 2 months later...

Well, I have been away for quite some time and may not have any time to touch the game until Fall arrives. I just want to stop by to confirm that the DD Combined Realism Hack v1.22 was officially approved back in mid-June! Once again, I am open to any feedbacks you guys may have. :D

• Like 2

Good work! Though it doesn't seem like the saber-tooth was affected by the predator-prey adjustments. The newly added animals also don't get hunted by anything, which may want to be looked at.

3 minutes ago, mjmannella said:

Good work! Though it doesn't seem like the saber-tooth was affected by the predator-prey adjustments. The newly added animals also don't get hunted by anything, which may want to be looked at.

1. The Smilodon can no longer kill some of the larger animals, namely Lambeosaurus and Megatherium. The biggest point of contention for me was the elephants. Yes, one lone Smilodon would have never attacked a mammoth, but a group of them probably did. The game does not differentiate between lone vs group prey-predator interaction, so I decided to compromise and allow it to attack the elephants still.

2. By newly added animals, do you mean the 3 steppe animals P. Rex made? There always seem to be a problem of making user-made animals hunt/be hunted by other animals due to the fundamental coding structure of the game: the specific prey item must be coded *inside* the .ai files of the predators. I don't think it's a solvable issue, but someone with more experience in making standalone animals for ZT may chip in on this issue.

1. I'd argue in some cases the games does indeed differentiate between . Prides of lions are known to hippos and even sub-adult elephants, yet both of these prey items kill the lions.

2. Yeah, I've noticed that while modding the game myself. I really wish there was a way to make certain animal groups hunt other groups, it'd help streamline the prey/predator coding a ton.

Oh nice, I actually didn't know that elephants and hippos curbstomp lions in the game. Thanks for bringing that into my attention. I guess my idea of including the crusher-of-all Apatosaurus a while earlier doesn't sound that far-fetched anymore.

• Haha 1