• Fern
    • bxdczoo
    • LapisLazuli77
    • pdn
    • MaastrichianFan

Love Fantasy Animals?

genkicoll

genkicoll

I'm putting this here because I plan to add more screenshots when I have time. This is a little different than just a screenshot thread, which is why I'm keeping it separate from my actual ZT1 screens thread.

If you're interested in downloading any of the animals listed here, check our database. If you don't see it, check the Zoo Tycoon Community Downloads Directory (ZTCDD)!

Dragons - Grading, from 1-4 stars:

Red Dragon - FOUR STARS! Give this one extra points for being absolutely adorable! Once I got them in the exhibit I saw that they have the mannerisms of a canine. They will flop down and curl up sometimes, and other times they'll put their heads on their "paws", close their eyes and sleep. :wub: Soooo cuuute~! Also, the only dragon I've seen that spends time on the ground AND flying. Another bonus is that guests LOVE them!

post-4-1188601383_thumb.jpg

Lehner's Red Dragon - available at ZA (once their download database is back)

Emerald Dragons (only available as part of the European Extravaganza pack) - THREE and a HALF STARS! They're large and beautiful specimens that the guests absolutely love. Breed like crazy, don't have to have an enormous exhibit (despite their size). They lose half a star because they are shy and get easily crowded by guests. Also, the babies are invisible in-game.

post-4-1188583082_thumb.jpg

Emerald dragon on far left, Pegasus on right

Pegasus - The Pegasus is a beautifully done animal, and I really enjoy having it in my zoo. The downsides to this animal depend on your point of view. 1st, they never land, which bothers some people. I'm perfectly fine with it, as they are quite beautiful when they're flying :wink: 2nd is that they fly a little TOO high, in my opinion. If you look at the "Chessboard viewing area" above, you'll see what I mean. 3rd is that the guests like them, but the exhibit has not gotten over a 3-star rating with them thus far. Overall, despite these things, I will give the Pegasus 3-stars, because they're a wonderful addition to a fantasy zoo, and because I just like 'em

Flying Dragons - THREE STARS. I like these dragons, they breathe fire, and like the Emerald Dragon, they spend all their time flying. What I don't like about them is that it doesn't seem to be possible to get their exhibit suitability above the 80's (which annoys me), and they guests (based on the star-rating of the exhibits) don't seem all that interested in them.

post-4-1188582930_thumb.jpg

Flying dragons on the left, Nightmares on the right

Nightmares - Based on the Piers Anthony "Xanth" series, these black stallions are the bearer of dreams. FOUR STARS, for certain! The guests love them and they LOVE being in large herds. The nice thing is, that the animals can be in a seemingly-crowded exhibit, and be perfectly happy!

Asian Dragon - Nicely done and imaginative. Goes back and forth between being a statue and being a rather burly, lizard-like dragon. They have the noise of a Chinese New Year celebration full-time, which can be kind of annoying unless you turn off/down the sound. I'm going to hold off on a star-rating, as I JUST put them in, but so far I like them

Unicorns and such - As far the user created unicorns go, my favorites are the

Mystic Unicorns and Phantasias. Both get FOUR STARS from me for the beautiful re-coloring jobs and guest approval. Also of note is the

Kirin (which, while I like them a lot, they have SUCH a short life-span).

Volcanic Unicorns and Lava Zebras also score very high on my list of favorites, if only because you can make their exhibits so interesting. The guests love them!

post-4-1188601535_thumb.jpg

Lava Zebras - top, Volcanic/Pyro Unicorns on right (that's the flying dragon on the left)

Lavagators - FOUR STARS! I love the lavagators, the guests love the lavagators. They seem to be black, but will have flickers of a magma color now and then.

(You can see a bit of the lavagator exhibit in the Emerald Dragon/Pegasus pic, towards the top)

post-4-1188583938_thumb.jpg

Mythic Salamanders at the top, Lavagators at the bottom

Mythic Salamanders - I'm going to hold off on giving a concrete rating at the moment. When I first tried them, they wanted an exhibit consisting ENTIRELY of gray stone. I couldn't find anything else that would make them happy. However, they like volcanoes and such, which makes their exhibits much more interesting. I just wish I could put some foliage in there!

Pandas - My favorite is probably the

Red Wild Panda (The site that originally made this seems to be lost to the ages. If this is your item, or you know whose it is, please let me know and I'll remove this ztd immediately!) - I give it FOUR STARS! The guests love them, they don't seem to be as shy as the in-game Giant Pandas, and they have babies in PAIRS!

Giggling Panda - That's exactly what these pandas make you do - GIGGLE! Thumbs up from Genki!! :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• ZooGrammy

• Fern

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

genkicoll

River Nymph - Similar to the Mermaid, one has red hair and the other sex has blond. These fresh-water nymphs seem easy to please.

the Fairy - The guests don't seem to care for them much, but they're cute, the exhibits are pretty and I like how they periodically will change into prancing unicorns.

The Botu is also a fun download. It's a mythological creature that is a beautiful blond woman with a flowing blue gown. She will glide thru her exhibit, sitting and seemingly waving now and then. When she goes into the water, she turns into a dolphin.

post-4-1188583515_thumb.jpg

Botu

The Pooka is a VERY fun creature. It seems to be a blue markhor, but now and then will disappear in a cloud of stars and reappear as another creature! Cute and fun, but you might turn off the sound - the noise can get annoying :P

The Eurasian Wyvern is a fun animal and very nicely done. I'll give it 3-stars (for now - I haven't played with it much yet :wink:

post-4-1188601878.jpg

Eurasian Wyvern

Will add more when I can~!

ZooGrammy

What a great idea Genki! I would love to know where you got the Nightmares. They sound interesting. Also if anyone is dying to have the Emerald Dragon, I have it separated from the pack that it was in. It would be good if you put in your description where the animal can be found.

Jordan

So many cool animals! It is a shame so many are unaccessible at the moment.

The Emerald Dragon babies would be invisible because of a programming error common to animals with custom animations. (I know many of RSN's animals have had some problems.) This can be easily fixed if someone would be so kind as to send me the animal. (Or just the UCA file would work.)

ZooGrammy

I sent it to you in a PM. Let me know if it doesn't show up and I will send it in an email.

Jordan

Thanks ZG, I got it. I've made the requisite changes so there shouldn't be any problems with the babies. However, I wouldn't recommend using it without the rest of the pack installed as it is programmed to have that as its favorite foliage and without it the icon will be blank or pick up one from another plant and this may cause problems. What ought I do now? I have the file ready for whomever wants it. (ZG, you sent me the file in a PM, how did you do that?)

genkicoll

I *thought* that I'd gotten the Nightmares (and the Phantasias) from ZKL, but apparantly not! @_@ I couldn't find them (the Nightmares) on ZTCDD, either! I'll add links to my posts as I have time and am able to find, though.

ZooGrammy

I found the Nightmare at the CDD and it was at ZA....... Sorry I should have looked there first. But it isn't available right now.

ZooGrammy
Thanks ZG, I got it. I've made the requisite changes so there shouldn't be any problems with the babies. However, I wouldn't recommend using it without the rest of the pack installed as it is programmed to have that as its favorite foliage and without it the icon will be blank or pick up one from another plant and this may cause problems. What ought I do now? I have the file ready for whomever wants it. (ZG, you sent me the file in a PM, how did you do that?)

I have used it without the pack and I don't remember any problems but it was some time ago. About the PMs, I have the magic ability to send attachments in my PMs just like putting attachments in a post. I know that everyone doesn't have that. You will have to ask Brandi about it.