Top Posters In This Topic

• Marlizdu

• lam321f

• Firehawke

• pukkie

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
April_Fool_79

I'm getting a "404 file not found" error when I try to go to the forums. Is it back down again? I was on last night and don't remember seeing anything about planned maintenance or anything.

Figures, just when I decided I needed more benches and such for a ZT2 MM only zoo LOL

I'm guessing they're down. I'm having trouble, too. Hopefully someone in the know will have some info for us soon!

I got a Forbidden error and a File Not Found. I think that's 403 and 404 respectfully. Just now. First time I went there all day.

kim

Savannahjan

Still getting 'forbidden'. Hope they return soon.

Guest psychiczookeeper

We're working with the host to resolve the problem. We'll be back as soon as the issue is resolved.

Savannahjan

In the meantime, here is the announcement for the current July/August ZOTM contest. Until the site returns, Psychic Zookeeper may make some adjustments to the downloads allowed. Watch this thread for more details.

Dinos in Demand!

July/August 2010 ZT1 ZOTM

Folks are flocking to summer vacation resorts and they want dinos! Let's give them what they want -- great dinos and prehistoric animals and great amenities. The best place for a new resort is the Valley of the Dinosaurs map, in the Scenario List.

Since this valley is a wonder of nature, your zoo design should retain the natural effect of the valley, keeping as much of the natural contours and terrain as possible.

* From the Scenario List, open up Dino Digs: Valley of the Dinosaurs.

* All foliage, rocks, volcano, geyser, lava pit, tar pit, steam vent, and other naturally occurring phenomenon must be kept intact!

* Snow and Ice Age animals should be housed in the snowy mountainous regions while rainforest animals should be housed in the valley, away from the snow and ice.

* Paths must follow the natural contours of the valley -- you may not adjust the height or slope of the terrain to accommodate a path.

* Guest amenities must be placed on the naturally occurring terrain -- you may not adjust the height or slope of the terrain to accommodate a guest amenity.

* Within an animal exhibit, you may adjust hills, cliffs, and terrain to meet an animal's needs, but you may not remove any naturally-occurring rocks, foliage, steam vents, etc.

* Within an animal exhibit, you may use the cliff tool to contain animals using the Pit Method. Be careful not to use the hill tool and alter the terrain outside the exhibit. Note that using the Pit Method allows you to use inexpensive fencing while securely controlling animals and preventing rampages that frighten guests and damage the natural beauty of the valley. The screen shows inexpensive low stick fencing that securely contains large dinos.

Reduced 11%

Attached Image

667 x 424 (93.27K)

* Up to 20 individual User-created items may be used. The UCI files must be included in the email with your zoo.

* Two UCI packs are "free" and one UCI from each pack must be used in your zoo (unless you are not using any UCI's). The two free packs are: Dr Ricks Prehistoric Trees and Catch of the Day by Fern

* Meet all of the requirements for the scenario.

* Use only the $150,000 that is provided for the scenario.

* No cheats or hacks allowed. Please do not use the $ cheat for additional cash.

* You do not need the Freeform Unlock since everything is unlocked in the scenario. ZT and DD animals and items are available, no MM items are available.

* You will not be able to fill the map -- that is OK! Just like a Speedy Contest, do what you can with the funds and time available.

* Save your zoo by June 25 of year 2, in-game date, before the scenario ends!

Scoring for this contest (read carefully, my scoring is different from other contests!):

* Overall guest happiness:

95%-100%: +500 pts

90%-94%: +300 pts

85%-89%: + 50 pts

* Suitability: Each dino or prehistoric animal exhibit (only one exhibit per species)

95%-100%- + 100 pts (Feel free to provide a variety of foliage and rocks even though it slightly decreases suitability!)

90%-94%: + 25 pts

85%-89%: + 10 pts

* Number of dinos and prehistoric animals (not eggs) in exhibits with suitabilities over 85

First, second, third, fourth and fifth of the species: + 25 points each

* Number of Awards

Awards 1-5: 50 pts each

Awards 6-10: 75 pts each

Awards 11+ : 100 pts each

*Theme and Decoration - 300 extra points possible

* Guest Amenities

Buildings, scenery, foliage, rocks, fences, decorative items: 10 points each, up to 300 points

This category is a bit subjective. For instance, a plain bench would be 10 points. The flowers and trees surrounding the benches are worth 10 points, so each decorated bench area is worth 20 points. The forest along the walk is worth 10 points, as are the flowers, so the decorations along the walk to the tar pit are worth 20 points.

Reduced 7%

Attached Image

473 x 427 (76.08K)

Click here for instructions on How to Submit a ZOTM. Failure to follow instructions may result in disqualification.

Send zoos to: PsychicZookeeper@gmail.com by midnight August 31, 2010.

Here are the two 'free' packs that are required.