ZooBerry

Goosifer

Happy to finally share what I've been working on the past three weeks. Check out ZooBerry, another Zoo Tycoon mod database and will be home to all ZooMania, Northern Skies, and Artifex's downloads. Also happy to host new files as well, you'll notice our ZT1 section is quite small :P (I'll see what I can do about it later)

I used run all three with a team of close-knit friends and awesome people, so my little motivation here is just to keep what they made alive for as long as I am able. We'll see how far I can take this project though!

Currently there are about ~30-ish mods in there and most lean in Zoo Tycoon 2's favor. I'm looking at about ~800 files across all three backups so it will take me a minute. I'll use this thread to announce new additions every few milestones.

I'm not a web designer by trade but I tried my best :P If you see the UI acting up, let me know and I can fix it. Additional features that are currently missing include designer profiles, more sorting options, and a few more quality of life improvements. If you have any suggestions or maybe I got something wrong in a description or post somewhere, please let me know! Happy to consider any and all ideas.

(Genuinely, this was step 1 to getting EMU out and about, so that's coming up next!)

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Savannahjan

Love the finished product.  Will you eventually have people join as members?   I don't see a way to post, so maybe this is just for offering content to all.  

I think it looks great!

• Love 1

Truly_happy

As a person who has also dabbled in web design, I must say it looks good!

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Savannahjan said:

Love the finished product.  Will you eventually have people join as members?   I don't see a way to post, so maybe this is just for offering content to all.  

I think it looks great!

Thank you! Yep, just for mods and content. I leave all important Zoo Tycoon discussion matters to the pros here at Tek haha. But maybe in the future.

4 hours ago, Truly_happy said:

As a person who has also dabbled in web design, I must say it looks good!

Haha thanks! It's hard to know where I stand when I've been staring at it for weeks.

7 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

Very nice, easy to look at :)

Thank you!

Cricket

I think it looks awesome!  Just the screenshot makes me want to grab my ZT2 discs and start playing again! 

• Love 1

Zarawatto

Neat! I find ZooBerry pretty complete! I'm glad to see new pages for our community!

It would be great to colaborate with your ZT1 database eventually 🙀🙀

• Love 1

On 7/21/2023 at 5:31 PM, Cricket said:

I think it looks awesome!  Just the screenshot makes me want to grab my ZT2 discs and start playing again! 

Hah, right? The screenshot is from Ducktown Zoo, one of the ZooMania maps! It's been great for testing downloads and updating file screenshots. I've been thinking it would be cool to rotate the screenshot with zoo-building contest winners.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:49 PM, Zarawatto said:

Neat! I find ZooBerry pretty complete! I'm glad to see new pages for our community!

It would be great to colaborate with your ZT1 database eventually 🙀🙀

Hey thanks! And yes, absolutely would love to collaborate! 😎

Here's a ZooBerry update.

32 additional ZooMania files have been added, including a couple of Vondell's early mods (and have reaffirmed his permission to host!). An organized list with all of the new additions can be found here: https://www.zooberry.org/updates/update-2023-07-22/ 

Website-specific update:

Say Goosifer there have been many packs made for ZT2 and I got quite a couple of them However it is a pain to keep running into animals I won't be using in my zoos well I have to keep refreshing over and over again before one that I do want then actually appears in the menu

I do wonder could you make it happen to have the animals also avaiable as seperate files? Instead of in a pack?

your site looks really nice Goosifer

Well done! I especially love the community news That is fabulous!

It even has a link to our contest!

I love it :cheer1:

• Love 1