ZooBerry

Goosifer

Sure, I'll take a look and dm it your way if I can remember how to do that. Shouldn't be too bad

Are these files all tested in game or are you not sure about that?

Yep! All of them needed screenshots and descriptions so I've been testing as I go.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can't sit down and make big mod drops like I was doing before due to my tight schedule, but I think backing up one mod per day isn't doing too much. ZooMania is almost done and backed up. Next is Northern Skies and Artifex.

At the end of every month I'll write an itemized summary if you prefer to wait for those. If you can't wait and want to see what's new, come refresh our page every night starting this Friday evening. I should have something up by 10 PM PDT/PST. If you're in one of the Zoo Tycoon Discords I might post more-frequent alerts when I upload.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Status update on ZooBerry:

After a few months since ZooBerry's launch, I'm pretty happy with its direction and my hosting expenses have been extremely reasonable. I expect (and hope) that I can support it for years and years to come. For anyone curious, the following mod databases have been (or will be) backed up on ZooBerry:

ZooMania (about 95% done)

Northern Skies (only just started)

ZT2 Design Centre (not started)

Artifex (not started)

Recently Penguin's Peak has gone down but I have those all backed up locally. I'll ask Penguinman later if he's okay with me re-hosting them. I'm also interested in backing up Mikaboshi's stuff and I know he's still in touch with her to ask. Sadly, I don't think any of us are in touch with Shen anymore to ask if I can back up Shen's Den stuff that wasn't already on ZT2DC or ZM.

Opening ZooBerry to Other Websites or Mods

I'm opening up ZooBerry to other databases and mods. If you're a designer or a website owner who would like their work preserved on ZB, feel free to DM me and we can come up with a plan to get your stuff backed up on ZB just as I have for the websites listed above.

Accepting Help

If you're someone who has great ZT2 photography skills or can do ZT1 or ZT2 mod testing to create mod listings, let me know! This project is slow-going but we can definitely get mods up sooner with more help.

I possibly may have Mika's and Shen's stuff as I had them listed at DD when I had the ZT2 listings as well. I usually downloaded things to check that links worked when making the DD posts. Since I had the listings there I probably will still have the screens. If not Jay will be able to salvage them from one of the back ups.

That would be great! It wouldn't hurt to have them in case she ever drops in to say hi or we can get ahold of her.

I might even have permissions as they all used to do stuff together and the files were too big for ZA and other sites at the time.

I am sure Penguinman will be okay with that as he was allowing his files at ZTUF and Tek as well as his own site and ZA.