ZooBerry

Goosifer

Some of the files I'm backing up are now around 20 MB - 50 MB. The one I just uploaded by Hendrix yesterday even has 51 images in the gallery haha: https://www.zooberry.org/mods/zt2/packs/european-expeditions/

I just saw one I'll be uploading soon that's 100 MB. ZT2 modding has some big boi files for sure!

But yeah Penguinman has been nothing but supportive of this project every time I've reached out. Shen is the big question mark though since I don't have her contact info anymore. I’m definitely happy to host anything you and ZA weren’t able to back up. 

Ah gotcha. Well, if she ever finds this project helpful, I'll be here.

The ZooBerry project scope has grown and will commit to back up the following libraries with permissions from John (ZTH), Penguinman (Various), ShenTirag (Shen's Den), and myself (Various):

• ZooMania
  • Northern Skies
  • ZT2 Design Centre
  • Artifex
  • Penguika
  • Penguin's Peak
  • Shen's Den
  • Zoo Tycoon Hideout

There might be one last one, just need to sort out a few deets with the forum owners before I can say for sure.

For any ShenTirag fans out there, she had this to say in regards to permissions:

You have my express permission to distribute any ZT2 mod content and any tutorial content (if it's still relevant!).

I am open to other creators modifying or updating the content as I no longer maintain it, on the provision that credit is given and that the derivative works are free to access, along the same lines as the Creative Commons-Attribution-NonCommercial licence https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ but I am not sure if this can actually be used as the mods themselves are derived from copyrighted work!

Basically go nuts if you can find the files, I have lost them all over time with several hard drive crashes and life challenges. Bit of a shame really but it's nice to hear people are still keen to get my files.

• Like 2

Welcome to @Serpyderpy and @MF217 to the ZooBerry project!

We have a master list where we keep track of what is and isn't backed up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xVrcziQJ2l5J2JkYCc8gH5MetWP6dzwLD8RORDpyxYk/edit?usp=sharing

ZooMania is the most complete at the moment. If you happen to know where to find or have any of the missing files listed and you're willing to share, it would be a great help!

ZooBerry has been upgraded to ZooBerry v0.3.0

This version of the platform introduces a first pass at Open Graph protocol support. This means that posting ZooBerry URLs on places like Discord will do a better job of generating a preview display card of that page. Example, pasting this link: https://www.zooberry.org/mods/zt2/packs/european-expeditions/ should transform into this preview card:

opengraph_zb.jpg.714aca336dc8f65ebc3219f2af50524a.jpg

Browser tabs now have the page title instead of just "ZooBerry".

These cards should also display here on ZooTek when pasting ZooBerry links but I'm not sure why they're not displaying as expected, but it should work on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, etc.

Final List of Websites Getting Backed Up

• ZooMania
  • Northern Skies
  • ZT2 Design Centre
  • Artifex
  • Penguika
  • Penguin's Peak
  • Shen's Den
  • Zoo Tycoon Hideout
  • Zoo Tycoon Volcano

Zoo Tycoon Volcano is the latest addition and the one I was waiting for confirmation the last time.

ZooBerry v0.4.1

Updates

• File count now showing on category cards
  • The Zoo Tycoon 1/2 titles on the side nav bar now link to their respective categories

zooberryv0.4.1_.jpg

Bug Fixes/Optimization

• Pagination now correctly sorts in ascending order. Previously mods would paginate in the wrong pages.
  • All pages now minified, faster loading.

Known Bugs

• I uh...broke the author list ...don't know how but will fix and finally make it look good by next update.

Check the Trello for ZooBerry dev roadmap before it can escape beta: https://trello.com/b/X9FjAPnO/zooberry

ZooBerry v0.4.6

In addition to more mods backed up today, new platform updates below.

Updates:

• Minor redesign for the mod page tables. Visual below.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed information table on a mod page from breaking on mobile. Visual below.
  • Fixed horizontal scroll issue on mobile. (should now fit screen)
  • Fixed a visual bug from last update that broke the spacing between cards on the home page
  • Fixed the author list from disappearing

6748461646391da5bf416edacb838208da17756f

Known Bugs:

• Author list is visible again, but pagination is off
  • Individual author pages (mods by author) are currently visually broken, but functional. Still working on redesigning these two features.

Getting rid of the “patch” component of the ZooBerry versioning system and just sticking with major.minor.

ZooBerry Beta-v.0.5

More mods added today.

Updates

• Latest mods on sidebar now have dates.
  • Increased number of latest mods listed on sidebar.
  • Author List has been redesigned.
  • Author list now has a link on the side bar
  • Mods by author now displaying as a list. (just while I work on redesigning author pages)
  • Packs are now listed under appropriate category if (for example) the pack only contains mods of one type. If pack has mixed content, it’s under ‘Packs’.

Bug Fixes

• Author list and mods by author pagination now lists in ascending order correctly.

Known Issues

• The new author list and mods by author tables have empty columns “categories” and “files”. Working on it.
  • Love 1

Savannahjan

You've given such great care to resurrecting this site, a labor of love. :hug2:

• Love 1