Bringing the complete and finished game to my laptop

MaastrichianFan

MaastrichianFan

Alright so i have completed and beaten all the scenarios in my Zoo Tycoon game like have everything unlocked and got the hacks for it ever since i finished all the missions or scenarios which the game likes to call them and play in freeform mode ever since i finished them so i was thinking of bringing the whole finished game with all the scenarios being completed, everything unlocked, some hacks and other downloads made for the game to my Windows 11 laptop with my USB drive because i did not wanted to do all the scenarios all over again on my laptop other than my Windows 10 computer like is there methods or something to bring the whole game being finished or something like all scenarios completed and everything unlocked and with some downloads and hacks to another computer and things like that especially when i set the compatibility made for the game and using the no cd patch which includes bringing it from my computer with my USB drive to this computer cause i need help with this?

Z.Z.

Make a new folder on your desktop.

Go into your Zoo Tycoon folder.

Put all your downloaded lang files in the new folder. If you have not downloaded any lang files, skip this step.

Find the zoo.ini file, put that into your new folder. The zoo.ini file is what has the information that you have completed scenarios etc.

Go to the Saved Games folder and move your saved maps into the new folder.

Transfer your game, put the files back into the Zoo Tycoon folder.

You should be good to go.

Good luck.

:)

MaastrichianFan
49 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

Make a new folder on your desktop.

Go into your Zoo Tycoon folder.

Put all your downloaded lang files in the new folder. If you have not downloaded any lang files, skip this step.

Find the zoo.ini file, put that into your new folder. The zoo.ini file is what has the information that you have completed scenarios etc.

Go to the Saved Games folder and move your saved maps into the new folder.

Transfer your game, put the files back into the Zoo Tycoon folder.

You should be good to go.

Good luck.

:)

So should i install the game with both the expansions on my laptop which is my other computer or no?

• Like 1

Savannahjan

I would say yes to simply installing the discs.  Then go in and replace the files that Z.Z. had you save.  Also, you need to move over your .exe hack file so you can run the game without the discs.  When you add in the .ini and .exe files, first remove those files from the new install.   If you have downloads in your dlupdates folder, you may want to copy those and move then over as well. 

Let us know how this goes. 

MaastrichianFan
1 hour ago, Savannahjan said:

I would say yes to simply installing the discs.  Then go in and replace the files that Z.Z. had you save.  Also, you need to move over your .exe hack file so you can run the game without the discs.  When you add in the .ini and .exe files, first remove those files from the new install.   If you have downloads in your dlupdates folder, you may want to copy those and move then over as well. 

Let us know how this goes. 

Ok what are the Z.Z. files? And also what files do i have to remove from the new install?

Z.Z.

There are no Z.Z. files, I am Z.Z. :flowerysmile:

So you need: any downloaded lang files, the zoo.ini file, your saved games, your exe hack file, and any downloads you have in your dlupdate folder, in the new folder on your desktop.

Install the game on the new computer, then put the files you saved in the new folder into the Zoo Tycoon folder on your new computer.

MaastrichianFan
57 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

There are no Z.Z. files, I am Z.Z. :flowerysmile:

So you need: any downloaded lang files, the zoo.ini file, your saved games, your exe hack file, and any downloads you have in your dlupdate folder, in the new folder on your desktop.

Install the game on the new computer, then put the files you saved in the new folder into the Zoo Tycoon folder on your new computer.

Ok not to be that demanding though but is it ok you can take and show me some screenshots of the folder for the game like with circled marks on them so you can show me where they at so i know what i have to do please?

Z.Z.

Here you go.

All of these images are your main Zoo Tycoon folder.

The first panel is toward the top of the folder, and shows the location of your:

dlupdate folder - if you have downloaded items this is the folder they go in, take them out of this folder and put them in the new folder on your desktop.

and your:

Saved Games folder - this is the folder where Zoo Tycoon holds your saved games, take them out of this folder and put them in the new folder on your desktop.

The second panel is around the middle of your main Zoo Tycoon folder.

I alter the names of my downloaded lang files so they will all be in the same place, so you will look at the file name after LANG-1-, if they match the lang files in the screenshot, they are downloaded lang files and need to be moved to the new folder on your desktop.

The third panel is at the bottom of your main Zoo Tycoon folder.

It points to your zoo.ini file, which needs to be moved to the new folder on your desktop.

image.png.9a3217a26a86191b6b495ea1fcb2155d.png

I dont know what the exe hack file is, but apparently that also needs to be saved in the new folder on your desktop.

I hope this helps. :)

MaastrichianFan
21 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

Here you go.

All of these images are your main Zoo Tycoon folder.

The first panel is toward the top of the folder, and shows the location of your:

dlupdate folder - if you have downloaded items this is the folder they go in, take them out of this folder and put them in the new folder on your desktop.

and your:

Saved Games folder - this is the folder where Zoo Tycoon holds your saved games, take them out of this folder and put them in the new folder on your desktop.

The second panel is around the middle of your main Zoo Tycoon folder.

I alter the names of my downloaded lang files so they will all be in the same place, so you will look at the file name after LANG-1-, if they match the lang files in the screenshot, they are downloaded lang files and need to be moved to the new folder on your desktop.

The third panel is at the bottom of your main Zoo Tycoon folder.

It points to your zoo.ini file, which needs to be moved to the new folder on your desktop.

image.png.9a3217a26a86191b6b495ea1fcb2155d.png

I dont know what the exe hack file is, but apparently that also needs to be saved in the new folder on your desktop.

I hope this helps. :)

Ok i cannot see the screenshots clearly like they are too blurry for me? do you think you can send me the screenshots through attachments so i can download the screenshots to look at them clearly for me? like on messages or something so i can get a closer look of them?