• kenny
    • pukkie
    • LunaRagnarok
    • And 1
    • Hawkkeye666

Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals

Guest AL44

Animalover44

I agree with Kim. I believe the description is of ES, but they posted the Box Art. Sky Trams already exist, they wouldn't be adding it again as new feature.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eragon845

• pukkie

• KTesch

• Ciorstaidh

I can't care as long as they finally add a swing! Don't all little kids just love that? And I am hoping allready from the start for more arctic animals like the weasel, polar hare, arctic fox, snowy owls name it it is such a forgotten group compared to others.

And I would love to see a petting zoo and a voliere. But I know it is wishfull thinking.

I ment a birdshouse Kim or Aviary I believed it is called in ZTCC sorry for using the dutch expression here. No miracle you are confused by it!

Guest belugababy

Wouldn't it be GREAT if it were to have like a boat ride to go into the swamps with and maybe...oh do I dare say it...ROLLERCOASTERS???? What a utopia! :cheerlie:

A rollercoaster especially 3-D is very space consuming And the maps even the big one are allready easily filled You might have not room for more animals.

I agree with Kim. I believe the description is of ES, but they posted the Box Art. Sky Trams already exist, they wouldn't be adding it again as new feature.

Yes, it does sound like they are using the ES description...

However: We got Jeep tours with ES and again with AA - I am not above suspecting that they might send out extinct with an AA like set - up i.e. repeat the skytram, add new scenarios and challenges and 20 new species.

Note: I liked AA (and I am not trying to reopen the discussion of it). But ES and MM changed the entire way we played the game, AA didn't. (However for the animals alone it was worth buying IMO. )

Anyway:

It could look like the "system" is

ES: big changes to gameplay -> AA: adding animals and some extras ->

MM: big changes to gameplay -> Extinct: adding animals and some extras.

All of the above is purely speculations - concider it my personal ramblings, I have no facts on the extinct pack.

Animalover44

Those are some unique conclusions. You bring up some good points. I expect to see something different though because I think that an email was sent out stating that BF had reached a milestone and is still waiting on Microsoft to let them release some information.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest King Hoopla

Here's some information on the new expansion. I found it at ZooMania.

“Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals” delivers new animals and gameplay to award-winning franchise.

REDMOND, Wash. — May 24, 2007 — Players can get up close and personal with Earth’s most fascinating former inhabitants as Microsoft Game Studios and Blue Fang Games LLC today announced that “Zoo Tycoon® 2: Extinct Animals,” the biggest expansion pack to date for the award-winning “Zoo Tycoon 2” franchise, will be available on Windows®-based PCs this fall.

Introducing 30 new animals and more than a dozen dinosaurs, ranging from the adorable dodo bird and massive American mastodon to the saber-toothed cat and T. rex, “Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals” provides new ways for players to experience the award-winning gameplay of “Zoo Tycoon 2.” Aspiring zoologists will be challenged to dig for fossils, bring animals that once roamed the earth thousands of years ago to life in the Extinct Research Lab, and wrangle rampaging dinosaurs with a tranquilizer gun.

ZT20220Extinct20Animals202.jpg

ZT20220Extinct20Animals201.jpg