Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Professor Paul

Old world porcupines. Wombats. Lemurs, particularly the indri. Or perhaps a lyrebird, wild turkey, all types of pheasant

Personally I'd really like something with a koala bear. Might be a bit too small, but who knows? Climbing toys might be the other issue. Or maybe it could be a new building supposedly showcasing koala's (rather than the gift shop).

Pronghorn. The animations could easily be recycled, but of course it does look like a Gazelle, it's just difficult to get the horns and white right.

Gibbons would be really awesome though, despite the work obviously. Same thing goes for Lemurs. Pretty sure they could share their toys ;)

If you like a challenge - go for marine animals, but without toys: Bowmouth Guitar Fish, Leopard Shark, Megamouth Shark, or a bit more simple: the Ocean Sunfish (this might be a very unique animal, yet quite easy for someone like you to design, and get the hang of Marine Mania animals).

Professor Paul

Dr Rick made trees with koalas & gibbons, just as an aside

carlos franco

I really like this site, I was thinking of a herpetario that is functional, not only decorative

I really like this site, I was thinking of a herpetario that is functional, not only decorative

I think gibbons would be a lot of fun! Zookapi's Crested Gibbon is one of my favorite downloads but there's so much more that could be done for such a unique type of primate. I've also always wanted to see a proper aardvark. The download here, which is fantastic as far as recolors go, was the one that drew me to Zoo Tek in the first place probably a decade ago! A koala would be fun. I remember trying to make one where it's standing animation was it in a tree, but it's walking animations did not feature the tree. The spontaneous tree was unrealistic, but I felt very clever at the time :) A sloth could fall under a similar order. A lot of the other suggestions here are good, too, although I'm not sure how much work you want to sign yourself up for.

Question - will the Red Panda be recolorable without modifying the animations directly?

I think snakes would be a good addition, even though animating them would be a tremendous task, if you can use ZT2 animals and render their animations into ZT1 frames it would be pretty easy(The ZT2 snake animations are pretty realistic). Most, if not all snake mods for ZT2 a PD(Public Domain) which means you are free to use them as long as you credit the original designer.

I also think Prehistoric reptiles made from ZT2 animals would be great.

Question - will the Red Panda be recolorable without modifying the animations directly?

How would you originally want to do that?

If you use ZT Studio, the answer is yes. The baby version is a simple recolor. A lighter .pal was created and applied. No need to go over frame by frame. :)

• 1 month later...

It will be difficult to remade Zoo Tycoon 2 animals for Zoo Tycoon 1?

• 3 weeks later...
Vondell

hey everyone!

I've been gone for a few months, but i'm back with good news!

the last missing piece of the Red Panda, the info plaque, is finished, which means that relatively shortly, jbl and I should finally be ready to submit.

it's been a long time coming but it feels good to be seeing it through! I went all out with it since it's not every day the ZT1 community gets a fully new animal.

small_plaque.pnglarge_plaque.png

I've missed you folks! hope everyone's doing well! :hug2:

as for your question, Hawkkeye:

It will be difficult to remade Zoo Tycoon 2 animals for Zoo Tycoon 1?

it's pretty time-consuming, yep ... since ZT1 doesn't use 3D graphics, any new animals made from 3D models (like from ZT2) have to be rendered out into batches of animation frames in a 3D graphics program, and that can take a lot of work even when you know how to do it. I don't know very much about ZT2 models and animations, but I would like to try it sometime to see if I can figure it out, so I can show other people how to try if they want to. right now I don't even have ZT2 though. even if I figure it out, it probably still will be difficult. but I think it's pretty cool that it can be done at all!

ZooGrammy

I'm still waiting for your grasses. Just love your new animal. Thanks so much for all your work.