Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

I took time to read the entire thread...some I don't understand...but got through it.

I am very glad that you have a passion for the game...and have so many ideas!!! I can't wait to use them in one of my designs, and see what else comes from your talent.

• 2 weeks later...
johnztmaster

I just read through this thread on my first time in ZTP in ages and it's been a heck of a read - it's truly inspirational to see a 'fresh' face dedicating so much time and effort to the original game. It was also nice to see some brief communication between the two sides of the broader Zoo Tycoon community again.

It's also so nice to see there's still an active community of ZT1 designers who seem to know the game from the inside out. My time has been eaten up so much lately during my interest phases I'm still tinkering away with the same recolors I started years ago.

Oh, very interesting! Looks like it would be theoretically possible to port ZT2 animals to ZT1 animation frames. I don't actually own ZT2 but I might look into getting myself a copy. Would be a cool thing for the community to have a method of sharing models and animals between the games.

This has been really exciting because this is a concept I've been wanting to see explored for years, but I've not much of a mesher or animator for either. It's amazing to see it's indeed possible to create 3D models and animate them for the original game, and I think it opens a lot of new doors for content creation.

It's also nice to see some creation of new fences - I remember wishing for a long time that the Aviary fences could be reprogrammed as proper fences and tried doing the project in my spare time once. I think I got about halfway there before I was distracted.

Years ago White Panda released one at ZA that was quite good and was not just a recolour. I think he also released a kitset so designers could make their own. However the file needed a big update that was not done. Maybe one day I might play with the kitset.

Vondell I do like what you are doing with this. Pity that the ZT1 configuration does not allow tree climbing. Although you might be able to make a toy for it.

Out of the three or four versions of the Red Panda for ZT1 (RSN, komodo007, WP) I always prefered the last one out of the bunch.

Vondell, your new Red Panda however is a really impressive creation and I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

Figured out the secret to tankable surface foliage with cast shadows. Working on some algae.

marsh.jpg

marsh2.jpg

(it's very blocky and doesn't tile well and only has one rotation currently ... still very much WIP)

May I suggest adding cAutoRotate = 1 ? It looks the same now. With the auto-rotate option on, it would be more random by default. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Savannahjan

Ooh, this tank foliage looks great. Wonderful projects here.

• 5 months later...
Vondell

Hey, Tek! It's been a very busy year for me and I've been all over the place, but I've been thinking about you folks this holiday season, and I wanted to stop by and let you all know that I'm OK and that you all are on my mind. I dropped off abruptly last summer and haven't been back on since then. I've been very busy with work and life. Haven't had a lot of time for ZT, unfortunately.

The laptop I'd been using had been getting slower and slower, and it finally gave up on me last month. I did have a lot of my files backed up, though, which is good news.

I hope things have been well around here, and I hope you all have had a great holiday season and a happy new year. :) I won't be back in the swing of things just yet, I'm in the process of building a new PC, and I'm moving again on top of that, so I'm not out of the woods yet. But like I said, I've been thinking about you all, and I thought I'd leave you my well-wishes!

Savannahjan

Vondell! :hug2: It's so great to hear from you. I hope you are enjoying things in your new town; sounds like its been a whirlwind. We have missed you and wish you the very best. Please stop in when you can, and we look forward to you being back with us regularly again.

ZooGrammy

Hi Vondell, If you excel in what you are doing like your previous work on ZT; I'm sure you are doing great. Glad to see that you stopped by. Things are slow but we are still here.

• 6 months later...
Vondell

a little while ago I was doodling around on an isometric grid and planned out what appears to be a whole aquarium-related content set, and I realized I never posted it here. a bit of the planning got cut off up there on the right for some reason.

I don't know when i'll have time and resources to pursue more ZT1 content, but i thought it would interest you all and maybe inspire other creators!

https://s32.postimg.org/m9hh5mnb9/set.png

set.png

Truly_happy

Cool. :ventilo: