Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Vondell

jbl, the tortoise isn't in my hands anymore so I don't know what the timeline on that one. i'm excited too though. :)

thanks Kreek!

Madison is lovely and I'm spending a lot of time getting to know the city. The place I'm living is right on a lake and it's a beautiful place to be. I'm taking some time to get my finances in order so I can feel confident about having free time again.

This summer I'm volunteering at a real zoo! The Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison, one of the only community-funded free-entry zoos I've been to. It should be a great experience for me and it's also giving me a lot of ideas for things to translate into ZT custom content. :)

I want to finish the modular steel bridge set first, because it's a very useful set to have and it's almost finished assets-wise, all that's left to do is finishing the included wall pieces that create the illusion of negative space under the bridge. I don't know if I want to make those wall pieces scenery or fences.

Once I get that done, I've been thinking of how best to replicate the fake tan-colored rock walls that are so common in zoo exhibit design. I think it would probably be a set that included several fence assets, several rock assets, several scenery assets and maybe a shelter, all designed so they mesh visually. It will be complex work but I can pull it off it would be a really useful modular set.

I've got some more notes on stuff I want to do, but I should go back through and finish some stuff I've already started first. :P I also want to keep working on the Red Panda.

Thanks for the continued interest everybody!

Thanks for the update Vondell!

That working at the zoo should indeed be a unique experience! I bet you'll have lots of fun!

Ive been to that zoo. Still have a little souvenir dangling from my backpack. I liked the zoo although some of the animals were a bit sad looking, but that could have been the weather. It was really hot that day. I do remember they had plans for a rebuild or something. I remember a model. I think I posted pics in the zoopic forum.

Love your ideas for new projects. I can't wait for them to be finished!

Vondell

There has been a massive rebuilding project this past year to overhaul several animal areas; the bears and the seals will have new, cozy, state of the art exhibits starting this summer. The updates have been needed for a while and I'm excited for them!

That's great to hear! Hope by then you'll still be there to show us some pics!

Hey can I download anything yet?

Amazing work. Any chance of Bactrian camels, yaks or musk ox being on your to do list?

I'd say, bring on the dropbox folder!

Also, whose hands is the tortoise in? It's been 3 or 4 months I think, or more. Perhaps a couple more eyes might help solve the last quirks?

Update: thanks Vondell! I really love this brand new animal in my zoo! I'm actually redesigning some parts of my zoo, since guests get stuck in it ( basically because I have a layout which is one long S-form each time, and guests kind of lose their way... ); and I moved the new zoo entrance right next to this exhibit! :)

• 1 month later...
Vondell

Hey Tek! Just wanted to drop in and say hello! I've been busy establishing myself here in Madison and I'm also working a couple of new jobs, so I haven't had much free time for things like ZT designing.

But I hope all is well around these parts! Best wishes to everyone! Glad to see that people have been getting use out of the Aldabra Tortoise!

Fobian Vink

Hey! Nice you're 'established' if you fully are :)

The turtle has been given much love from my end! You're the best!

Also, good luck with the new jobs :) Would be nice to hear more from you!

Glad to hear that you are settling in and working! Good luck!