Vondell's Current Projects

Vondell

Just saying "wow" while discovering all you have created, moving grass, animals ( Red Panda :yahoo: ) , steel bridges .. You really are a great designer ! Can't wait to see it available for downloading, I'm already imaginating it in my zoo ^^ Keep up that great work !!

Professor Paul

Sounds like you mean a shelter version of the way the colour coded buildings and the annexes work together. .

Broadly speaking, yes. A series of modules that could be used individually as shelters or combined to make a bigger building

• 2 weeks later...
Vondell

Hey Tek! Just a little update. I'm sure you've noticed I've been absent a little lately. I've been spending the last two weeks preparing to move house and I haven't had much internet access at all in the last week while I've been on the road. I moved to Wisconsin and I'm gonna be spending a little bit of time getting myself established here in all the ways you have to do when you move, so I might be here sparsely for the next few weeks, but there's so many interesting things happening here that I'll be checking back pretty often even if I don't have anything to post myself.

One thing I was thinking about is setting up an open-access dropbox folder where I can keep projects I've finished all the graphics of but haven't set up and programmed, like my Steel Bridge set or some of the fences and scenery I've been working on, that could then be freely worked on by anyone who wants to work on it or finish it up. That way I can devote more of my time to longer-term projects like my Red Panda. If I did that kind of thing, would anyone proficient in the programming and setup side be interested in those graphics being available/interested in making use of them?

Hope all is well for all of you now that spring is slowly creeping in!

Good to know you're alright. Moving is always hard, so right now you'll probably need some time to settle down and unwind. Don't worry about us- we'll be waiting right here. :)

I think your Dropbox idea is great, it could indeed speed up asset production and allow you to focus on what's important to you. I'm eager to see what that red panda will look like in-game, although it would probably be very small and thus not very detailed. How's that giant tortoise, by the way? Is it game-ready yet

Hope you are getting settled in your new home Vondell - not only a new state, but a new climate zone!

Your drop box sounds like a good idea for your projects that others can help with.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the hold up with the tortoise? Looking really forward to this brand new animal! :)

I'd even appreciate a beta-version, or indeed the opening up of the content through Dropbox with a "non tested" warning. The more eyes, the more we can spot and fix!

Just now read this entire thread. You are doing wonderful work here. I love the scenery projects like the switch grass and the bridge. But then again the panda and tortoise are lovely too. I applaud the detail you put into it. Can't wait to see them released!

Hope you've settled in okay in Wisconsin. Ive been there on holiday once. Love the State although the weather was really really hot!