P.Rex

Yes, I'm aware of Spore's COLLADA export feature, in fact I'd already tried to use it on a scorpion creation of mine so I could use it here as Pulmonoscorpius. Unfortunately, when I had loaded it up in Blender many of the parts were deformed, some even floating in mid air... so I'm afraid it's not a very reliable method.

Savannahjan

You are all taking designing new ZT items to a new and exciting level. It is almost limitless what you are going to come up with.

Thanks you all for your continued support! I've made a bit more progress today. The dinosaurs and turtle all had their plant preferences changed to include the new plants, and make sure they will dislike any vanilla DD plants that are from the wrong period. (goodbye Walchian conifer and Lepidodendron! See you again when we have Carboniferous animals!)

Because we now have a much larger variety of dinosaur-compatible plants (both vanilla and custom-made), the resulting exhibit designs one can come up with are quite versatile. You can have your T.rex exhibit with mostly conifers, for example, or mostly deciduous trees, or just rainforest plants if you want to- all within the boundaries of scientific plausibility of course.

Here are a few screenshots of the updated biomes- these do not exhaust what you can achieve with this mod, but should give you a general idea of what to expect:

trex2.jpg

allo2.jpg

caudi2.jpg

coelo2.jpg

dinosaurpark2.jpg

hellcreek2.jpg

herrera2.jpg

iguano2.jpg

kentro2.jpg

morrison2.jpg

plateo2.jpg

spino2.jpg

turtle2.jpg

Here's a download link to the latest version. Please test it and let me know if there's bugs or any other problems before I send it to the Tek database: http://www.moddb.com/mods/no-grass-please/downloads/no-grass-please-version-13

I hope you'll enjoy this version! Also, feel free to send me your screenshots and show me what spectacular zoo designs you can make with the new plants.

Moving on, this time getting some very necessary updates for Ice Age fauna.
Since I like my multi-species exhibits, I've been working on a new safari experience recreating the Eurasian steppes of the Pleistocene epoch:

steppe.jpg

Woolly mammoths and rhinos share quarters with two new species: the Wisent (modified copy of American bison) and Tarpan (modified copy of Przewalski's horse).

Professor Paul

Only three minor points; Bison priscus, Steppe Bison, would be more appropriate than the wisent, which is a forest species.Perhaps, as well, a steppe mammoth as an alternative to the woolly one? The tarpan should also be grey.

I've renamed the Wisent to Steppe Bison, it is indeed a more appropriate choice since the latter is an extinct species. I've also added Paracamelus (based on the Dromedary camel) to the steppe exhibit and gave the Smilodon a similar biome.

As for the two other points- Woolly mammoths lived mostly in steppes and other open grassy areas, so I see no point in adding a duplicate species that would essentially occupy the same niche. From what I've gathered, I'm pretty sure tarpans could also be a ruddy/brown color, although recoloring it (as well as the other new species) is indeed a good idea. Can you direct me towards a good animal-recoloring tutorial? I couldn't find any.

EDIT: And here's the South American safari:

sloth.jpg

Professor Paul

Some beleive that the tarpan didnt actually go extinct until 1909 in Russia, although its not been proven that these were true tarpans. However, most of the depictions I have seen of tarpans have them a grey/dun colour.

With the mammoths, the steppe mammoth was the precursor to the woolly one, & is usually considered more typical of western Eurasia. My old maths teacher, Harold Hems, discovered one of the most complete specimens of steppe mammoth many years ago not far from where I live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Runton_Elephant . I'm sure youve heard of the Cromerian Interglacial. I actually live at the top of the ridge formed by the edge of the glaciers in Cromer!

This pdf give a few details of fauna & flora that you might find useful

lm.php.pdf