P.Rex

Truly_happy

Fantastic , I love it! The only thing I find inconvenient so far it the insane foliage-density for the T-rex. Makes it hard for the scientists to reach poo and eggs and I don't like the way it looks. :crybaby:

• 4 months later...
CaptainJimmBob

I was very hopeful for this, did P. Rex die? The progress made on the mod so far is already fantastic.

Truly_happy

You know, I realized I had an old version of this mod. Still need to test it, though.

Agreed, Mono; the progress is fantastic. This is the most extensive mod I've seen so far for ZT1. It's a must-have if you ask me.

Savannahjan

Just read through this topic again, and realized I also had an older version. All the work done here is amazing, and what an undertaking! The foliage is excellent and I confess, I will be using it in modern exhibits more than in dino ones. I never liked the dino expansion until one of our early members, Jordan, sponsored a dino zoobuilding contest and I grew to appreciate them so much more. I had no idea the entire series had been botched; just seeing the collaboration between P Rex, Professor Paul, Vondell and others was very inspirational. Thank you sincerely, P Rex for this amazing download. I do hope we will hear from you again soon; we need to catch up with your current interests and projects.

• 1 month later...

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Just letting you know that I've been away from ZT1 modding for a while due to pursuing other interests and life issues, but I've never given up on NGP and I still have every intention of creating new content for it. Thank you, all of you, for your continued support and kind words during this down time; it was truly heart-warming.

For the past few months my abilities in 3D modeling, texturing and animation have improved significantly, and I would like to take advantage of that and produce more content for this mod- mainly new dinosaurs and other animals that aren't reusing the graphics of existing Zoo Tycoon animals.

However, there are two main hurdles which I need to overcome in order to fulfill my visions for this mod, and I may need your help with it:

1. I can't figure out how to use graphics that exceed the size limit allowed by APE. Yes, I know it's possible. I just don't know how.

2. I can't figure out how to create new dinosaurs and other animals that hatch from eggs). Moondawg and others did it in the past, but through what methods?

If any of you fine people can direct me towards the right tutorials, I should be able to make some new dinosaurs and other assets for this mod soon. )

Thank you all,

-P.Rex

Thanks, Vondell. Good to see you too.

I've only discovered recently that there's a couple of lines in the UCA/AI text files that govern the use and appearance of eggs, which means I won't have to wait around for a DD-compatible APE after all. That means creating new dinosaurs would be easier than I initially thought.

I thought the diplodocus was a hoax; the body of one dinosaur with the skull of another species because the real skull was missing. Then again, it could be considered a cryptid.