Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

HENDRIX

Sorry, not sure what causes that. Probably a memory leak in the ZTstudio code. Fin whale is probably just too much data to crunch. You could try converting the paletted images manually with ZTstudio as a test?

Khaydar
1 hour ago, HENDRIX said:

Sorry, not sure what causes that. Probably a memory leak in the ZTstudio code. Fin whale is probably just too much data to crunch. You could try converting the paletted images manually with ZTstudio as a test?

The thing is, it broke the script, even small/light stuff that used to work before doesn't work anymore. I tried converting via ZT Studio and got the last error shown before again.

Capture.PNG.fc2b8d93a05ff7dc4ef322902a505f32.PNG

Maybe it's a ZT Studio issue after all, the program closes when crashing, which would explain why Blender doesn't find it, in the first place.
Maybe I should ask Jbl89 as it seems to be ZT Studios fault.

Khaydar

Ok, found a workaround, turns out the ZT Studio included on your Script works (the one with white background), while the official / recent ones do not work anymore.

• 1 year later...
LapisLazuli77

Anyone know how to deal with this issue? I've tried to follow guides to install the BFB script/add-on, but .bfb and similar formats won't show up as an Import option. Other scripts like NIF work.

error.png.881b7dd2df9ab61f59c16ffd965ae283.png

Sorry for shoddy photo quality, it literally won't get any better.

Goosifer
9 minutes ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

Anyone know how to deal with this issue? I've tried to follow guides to install the BFB script/add-on, but .bfb and similar formats won't show up as an Import option.

What Blender version are you on?

• Like 1

LapisLazuli77

I was on 3.6 earlier; I tried it on 2.78 just now and it works there.

• Like 1

Khaydar
16 hours ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

I was on 3.6 earlier; I tried it on 2.78 just now and it works there.

forget using the bfb script for any version after 2.8, lots of script only work for legacy versions. and importing projects back to older versions can be pain

Goosifer

I do all my stuff on 3.6 so sadly I could never use any of this. The older Blenders are too alien to me anymore haha.

LapisLazuli77

Genuine question, is there a Blender version that runs the sprite renderer, the NIF script, and the BFB/BF script? Because I've tested like five versions(2.78, 2.80, 3.0, 3.6, 4.0) and none can run all of them properly(some just don't run them at all)

The closest I've gotten to any kind of success is 2.78 which can install the NIF script but it can't import models.

Goosifer

Yeah your mileage may vary on which can run what the best. Depending on what tools you need you might need multiple Blender versions. Looking at Hendrix's repositories, 2.80 seems to be the version that supports the sprite renderer and BFB scripts. I don't know much about the NIF scripts, but they're old so they're bound to have a 2.80 version somewhere.