Serpy 2: hellectric Boogaloo

Serpyderpy

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how to even start this post... it's been a while! I was going through my old stuff on my computer and stumbled on my folder of content I was making, and got hit with a wave of nostalgia pretty hard, actually. Though even then, I wasn't too pleased with what I made so I decided to start messing around with the render scripts again and finally managed to get things working and what not (though I still can't import .nifs) so without further ado, here's some projects I've been working on!

icon.png

icon.png

Both are currently working in-game, they have custom sounds, too! I'd like to tweak some terrain requirements though and I also need to edit their locations via the .uca but I can't seem to find the big list that had all of the values and what not so if anyone knows where I can find a guide it'd be most appreciated!

See you around!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

it will also help you to remove unnecessary entries and minimize any errors. Once you have the final ztd file for your animal you should use the check uca utility Jay made which will help you find and repair any errors you may have missed with initial editing. You can read about it and download it here ... >>> http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1203

• Like 1

Ahh thank you both!!! Those links/programs have been helpful in fine tuning things. I've finished up Olorotitan, Sinoceratops and have in the mean time completed downloads for Lystrosaurus, Ceratogaulus (a horned gopher) and Stygimoloch, and I've rendered some more animations for other animals too that are kinda sat on the backburner. Although I've been trying to dabble with scenery items as of late, and I'm strugging with some of the rotations being completely off centre ie. the SE view is exactly where I want it, but rotating the map in-game causes it to overlap things like it's not confined to the 4x4 square. Anyone got a guide for scenery and such?

Some lil' teasers!

stygi.png lystro2.png gopher.png

• Love 1

There is a program called Zoot that we use to do the rotations. If you are a member of the Designer's Treehouse or the Design Guild sites it can be downloaded I believe at both of those sites. I was also working on a rotations tutorial so I'll have to check and see if I got it completed and moved into the open at the Designer's Treehouse here's the links to those 2 sites.

https://zooadmin.org/DesignersTreehouse/index.php - this one may be easier to register with

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php  

With the Designer's Guild site at one time creators could only join by invitation. You may be able to register but I'm not sure about access to the downloads you'll need.

That stuff you posted look terrific and I cannot wait to use it in my zoo.

Suggestion: maybe you can add shadows to animal pictures, I think they will look more natural.

PS: In your older thread, I saw a picture of sheep from Age of Empires made for ZT. It is available somewhere? I only found cow (which is very well done and looks great in shared exhibit with bison and pronghorn antelope).

You do not need to be a member to download anything at the Designer Guild. If you need to contact anyone from the Guild you would join the Download Directory and contact us there or contact me here.

:stockingsmiley1:Happy Holidays! :hollysmile2:

To celebrate, I'm releasing Olorotitan, Sinoceratops and Lystrosaurus for you

guys, as well as the old sheep download I made! I hope you guys enjoy your days and meals and when you get the chance let me know if these guys have any bugs oops

Lystrosaurus download!
Olorotitan download!
Sinoceratops download!
Sheep download!

See you soon!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

A bit of advice when uploading files and providing links. While cloud and drop box are pretty well secure, files can still become corrupted in a download transfer and file size is sometimes an issue for people who still have lower end slower systems. It is always best to add your file to a zip file before uploading so it decreases the chance of corruption. The compressed zip also compresses the file size so it's not so difficult to download on slower low end systems. 7zip ios free and offers a maximum compression for smaller file sizes.

You can download a sutiable version of 7zip for your particular system here ..>>> https://www.7-zip.org/

New animals are terrific! Those AoE II and JP Evolution models suit game quite well. Thank you very much, great Christmas gift.

Little nitpicking:

location for Olorotitan is Europe now, which is not correct. They have been found in Kundur formation in Amur region, so Siberia would be better.

Lystrosaurus shows angry faces when another lystrosaurus is added to its exhibit. They do not like burrow or dinosaur burrow as exhibits (their fossils were found in proximity of burrows, now their most prefered shelter in game is stable, which I think do not suit them). And maybe their environment would be better without savannah grass? There was no grass in permian/triassic.

• Like 1