Serpy 2: hellectric Boogaloo

Serpyderpy

Serpyderpy

Posting just to say I've not disappeared again, I've been playing with the animals I've made on and off the last few weeks and made a couple of new ones! Two of them (below) are actually pretty close to release so hopefully I can get to them in a couple of days. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

First one is a Rodrigues solitaire, and the second one is good old Doedicurus. Not 100% sold on the colours for the Doedicurus, though.

• Like 5

LapisLazuli77

Ah, Rodrigues Solitaire.  Literally the only reason I know about it is because of Jurassic World Alive.

And yeah, Doedicurus I feel could use different colors, it blends in way too well with the savannah of its environment.

• Like 1

Hawkkeye666
7 hours ago, Serpyderpy said:

Posting just to say I've not disappeared again, I've been playing with the animals I've made on and off the last few weeks and made a couple of new ones! Two of them (below) are actually pretty close to release so hopefully I can get to them in a couple of days. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

First one is a Rodrigues solitaire, and the second one is good old Doedicurus. Not 100% sold on the colours for the Doedicurus, though.

Looks great, looking forward to solitaire. I think I will make Rodriguez flying fox and maybe some birds compatible with it for Rodriguez aviary if you don´t mind (I am planning similar thing for Borsato´s dodo).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Zarawatto

Earlier today, I was reading Serpyderpy's old thread, named "Age of tycoon" and now I wonder if that neat looking Dromaeosaurus did actually become a thing 🤔🤔 Or if it is now a lost project 😿😿

Serpyderpy
On 5/26/2022 at 6:00 PM, Zarawatto said:

Earlier today, I was reading Serpyderpy's old thread, named "Age of tycoon" and now I wonder if that neat looking Dromaeosaurus did actually become a thing 🤔🤔 Or if it is now a lost project 😿😿

Yeah that one is lost unfortunately, the laptop it's on is broken in more ways than one and there's little chance of me recovering it. That said, that was when I was frakensteining together images and made some very bizarre off centre animals, now that I have the plugin working correctly it shouldn't be too difficult to make more dromaeosaurids.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone ahead and added a direct link to the folder I'll be uploading my new projects to in my signature, so hopefully it'll be easier to find things and no one needs to go trudging through this thread to find anything. With that said I've also released the solitaire! The only thing I could find wrong with it was the icon is missing from the animal list, but feedback and/or testing is always appreciated.

solita.png

solita2.png

I think I will make Rodriguez flying fox and maybe some birds compatible with it for Rodriguez aviary if you don´t mind (I am planning similar thing for Borsato´s dodo).

Completely forgot to reply to this but please go ahead! Compatible animals are always fun!

• Love 3

Hawkkeye666
6 hours ago, Serpyderpy said:

I've gone ahead and added a direct link to the folder I'll be uploading my new projects to in my signature, so hopefully it'll be easier to find things and no one needs to go trudging through this thread to find anything. With that said I've also released the solitaire! The only thing I could find wrong with it was the icon is missing from the animal list, but feedback and/or testing is always appreciated.

solita.png

solita2.png

Completely forgot to reply to this but please go ahead! Compatible animals are always fun!

They look great!

List icon wasn´t showing in animal list, so I corrected it. I also deleted some unnecessary lines, rest seems ok and working.

If you give me an icon of female, I can also add female icon to animal list different from male /this is something that took me ages to learn/. I am sending corrected .ztd here.

Good! While after learning about Rodrigues flying foxes I do not want to add them to solitaire (they need specific thick rainforest to thrive/, I am gonna check Zoo Tycoon download directory thoroughly and find some Rodrigues animals. And if I don´t find anything, maybe I will use something from Reunion... Flightless ibis and solitaire would look good together, I think.

rodrigues solitaire.ZTD

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:47 AM, Serpyderpy said:

Yeah that one is lost unfortunately, the laptop it's on is broken in more ways than one and there's little chance of me recovering it.

I notice that you only have the solitaire available on your Google Drive. Did you lose the other finished animals? I have the domesticated sheep, lystrosaurus, olorotitan, & sinoceratops. I made exhibit screenshots & a combined file with the holstein. Message me your email if you need them.

Of course, now I have to add the solitaire to the combined file! :-)

On 6/20/2022 at 9:29 PM, Hawkkeye666 said:

If you give me an icon of female, I can also add female icon to animal list different from male /this is something that took me ages to learn/. I am sending corrected .ztd here.

iconf.png.f48229c228fe1fd8fd02bdeb6206e949.png iconm.png.7a0c5c3393fdd907fde12b402a6292f7.png

These are the icons, it seems the animal list already uses the female icon so it's just the male that needs it's icon changing. Thank you for fixing this, though!

On 6/21/2022 at 12:51 AM, HeatherL said:

I notice that you only have the solitaire available on your Google Drive. Did you lose the other finished animals?

I think I actually deleted those files a while back because I wasn't a fan of them and know I can make much better things now. I understand people might not want them gone though, I don't mind if you add these birbs to the combined file!

Also another preview for something, a pack of sorts...

japanese.png.f7ff7bd72c292119eb96518a95a27f0c.png

• Love 4

Hawkkeye666
13 hours ago, Serpyderpy said:

iconf.png.f48229c228fe1fd8fd02bdeb6206e949.png iconm.png.7a0c5c3393fdd907fde12b402a6292f7.png

These are the icons, it seems the animal list already uses the female icon so it's just the male that needs it's icon changing. Thank you for fixing this, though!

I think I actually deleted those files a while back because I wasn't a fan of them and know I can make much better things now. I understand people might not want them gone though, I don't mind if you add these birbs to the combined file!

Also another preview for something, a pack of sorts...

japanese.png.f7ff7bd72c292119eb96518a95a27f0c.png

And here it is. And because fish, teaching fishing, etc., here is that magical line that you need to make animal list icon:

[f/Characteristics/Strings]
cListImageName = animals/solita/lsfmarkh/lsfmarkh
cPrefIcon = objects/fernbush/SE/SE

And, of course, add correspinding folder and then save icons in APE.

It literary took me hundreds of animals to learn.

I am not the sharpest pencil in the drawer.

rodrigues solitaire.ZTD

• Thanks 1