Serpy 2: hellectric Boogaloo

Serpyderpy

HENDRIX
On 12/25/2019 at 11:48 PM, Yellowrose said:

A bit of advice when uploading files and providing links. While cloud and drop box are pretty well secure, files can still become corrupted in a download transfer and file size is sometimes an issue for people who still have lower end slower systems. It is always best to add your file to a zip file before uploading so it decreases the chance of corruption. The compressed zip also compresses the file size so it's not so difficult to download on slower low end systems. 7zip ios free and offers a maximum compression for smaller file sizes.

You can download a sutiable version of 7zip for your particular system here ..>>> https://www.7-zip.org/

Sorry to be blunt, but both arguments are incorrect.

ZTDs are inherently compressed with ZIP compression, and another lossless compression pass can hardly reduce their file size at all, unless the original ZTD was deliberately packed without compression in the first place.

If a file ends up corrupted after download, both raw ZTD and ZTD packed in a ZIP are equally and irreparably damaged.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Hawkkeye666 said:

location for Olorotitan is Europe now, which is not correct. They have been found in Kundur formation in Amur region, so Siberia would be better.

Lystrosaurus shows angry faces when another lystrosaurus is added to its exhibit. They do not like burrow or dinosaur burrow as exhibits (their fossils were found in proximity of burrows, now their most prefered shelter in game is stable, which I think do not suit them). And maybe their environment would be better without savannah grass? There was no grass in permian/triassic.

I'll be real with you, I straight up copied the gemsbok for lystrosaurus so that's why it enjoys savannah grass and the stable. I think I got to the point where I'd started these projects and just wanted to get something out instead of hoarding them like I did last time I was designing. I've also had some hiccups altering some of the values in the uca file but now that these guy are out I'll update 'em and stuff, thank you for the feedback! I had no idea there even was a Siberia location in-game so the olorotitan being in Europe is just a case of me not looking hard enough because changing locations was one of the first things I did, lol.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Okay, it's been a while. I've gone in and out of my current Jurassic Park/World phase but for some reason it's come back while also coinciding with my desire to play ZT1, so the two have collided and I realised I never really did finish what I wanted to do last time, which was to port every JWE dinosaur to ZT1, and now I have JWE2 to work with, too. With the help of @Hawkkeye666 I have ironed out the last few issues I was having with Blender and so automated sprites now fully work for me, so hopefully, maybe, I can do more stuff!!

unknown.png

Did the Carcharadontosaurus as a test run, I've got it working well after some issues with palette files. Some of the animations (mostly the tail when sat down) are a little quirky I noticed because it's a very high poly model on a JPOG rig, whose own models were pretty low poly, but no amount of weight painting that I can do makes it look better unfortunately.

Also: my APE doesn't seem to want to show me the compatabilities tab anymore, where I used to be able to alter terrain requirements. Does anyone have a list of all the uca string id's and what they correspond to? I'd like it to be able to change foliage, shelters, and terrain requirements easier but right now I'm changing values one by one and it's not fun.

• Like 4

Hawkkeye666

http://www.geocities.ws/zootycooncenter/aruca2.html

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?t=116

If you want to change something that isn´t there, ask me.

PS: I think Borsato has made carcharodontosaurus, but I am not sure if he used the same model as you.

Thank you!! Also I went and checked, Borsato's Carcharadontosaurus is the JPOG one whereas this one that I'm making is the JWE model rigged to the JPOG armature and using it's animations, so the two might act similarly anim wise but should look and feel pretty different.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Serpyderpy said:

Also: my APE doesn't seem to want to show me the compatabilities tab anymore, where I used to be able to alter terrain requirements. Does anyone have a list of all the uca string id's and what they correspond to? I'd like it to be able to change foliage, shelters, and terrain requirements easier but right now I'm changing values one by one and it's not fun.

Which version of APE are you using? You should have the latest http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/DownloadFiles/ZTABC/APExp3-2.zip

Make sure you read the instructions in it.

From Jay: Although the Compatibility tab in APExp 3.2 and APE could be used to set terrain, liked and disliked compatible animals, and liked and disliked habitats, all versions of APExp and APE make inefficient sections in the ".uca" for those. So it is better to edit the corresponding [cCompatibleAnimals], [cSuitableObjects], and [cCompatibleTerrain] sections in the ".uca" manually. As for the foliage portion of the Compatibility tab, APExp 3.2 works differently than previous versions of APExp and APE. APExp 3.2 mostly shows decorative versions of ZT's exhibit foliage. That is because more people make decorative foliage than exhibit foliage. But in any case, setting liked and disliked foliage should also be done by editing the ".uca" manually instead of using any version of APExp or APE because all versions of APExp and APE make the ".uca" section inefficient. It is true that changing the values one by one is not fun. But designers should be putting thought into them because they are complicated. When setting the likability value for foliage, shelters, and rocks, one has to take into account their habitats and the animal's likeability values set for habitats. When setting the animal's likeability value for other animals, one has to take into account the other animals' Family and Genus. So it is a complicated process whether or not APExp/APE is used. Lists exist to help set terrain, preferred object, and likeability values for a Family, Genus, animal, habitat, foliage, rock, shelter, or other object. The Uca Editing Guide at ZKL gives a lot of information. Its cHabitat section gives the possible habitat IDs. Its [cCompatibleTerrain] Section gives the possible terrain numbers.
http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=116

DG has other lists. For the list of Genus and Family IDs for cGenus and cFamily settings:
http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5413.0

For the list of animals, staff, and guest IDs for cPrey settings:
http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5925.0

For the list of animal IDs and their habitat, Family, and Genus for settings in the [cCompatibleAnimals] section:
http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5990.0

For the list of foliage, rock, shelter, toy, show toy, and other object IDs, and their habitat and icon link for the cPrefIcon setting, cPrefIconID setting, and settings in the [cSuitableObjects] section:
http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=5991.0

On 4/16/2022 at 1:48 AM, Fern said:

Which version of APE are you using?

I'm using the version that you linked, yeah. The tab shows up for compatabilities, it just seems the window inside is off to one side and I can't access anything. Thank you for all the other links, though! I didn't mean to imply that messing with the uca was something I didn't enjoy doing or didn't want to do, as far as a 'config' goes it's fairly easy to modify and read, it's just that without any sort of value list I have no idea what I'm changing and is a bit like stumbling around in the dark, although I've managed to get pretty comfortable editing ucas the last few days.

As far as dinosaurs go I've made Dracorex, Stygimoloch, Pachycephalosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Euoplocephalus over the last few days. The only gripe I'm having with JWE models is how the skin system works for that game, in that the main texture is essentially a canvas for Frontier to apply masks over with a fgm system which decides on what depth and detail and colours apply to a specific region. I'm having to recreate some of the base textures as best as I can by messing around with my image editor, or borrow them from other mods, and it's bugging me that some don't look 'right' so to speak so it's taking a while. But!! It's still progress.

unknown.png

• Love 2

Hawkkeye666
On 4/21/2022 at 7:42 PM, Serpyderpy said:

I'm using the version that you linked, yeah. The tab shows up for compatabilities, it just seems the window inside is off to one side and I can't access anything. Thank you for all the other links, though! I didn't mean to imply that messing with the uca was something I didn't enjoy doing or didn't want to do, as far as a 'config' goes it's fairly easy to modify and read, it's just that without any sort of value list I have no idea what I'm changing and is a bit like stumbling around in the dark, although I've managed to get pretty comfortable editing ucas the last few days.

As far as dinosaurs go I've made Dracorex, Stygimoloch, Pachycephalosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Euoplocephalus over the last few days. The only gripe I'm having with JWE models is how the skin system works for that game, in that the main texture is essentially a canvas for Frontier to apply masks over with a fgm system which decides on what depth and detail and colours apply to a specific region. I'm having to recreate some of the base textures as best as I can by messing around with my image editor, or borrow them from other mods, and it's bugging me that some don't look 'right' so to speak so it's taking a while. But!! It's still progress.

unknown.png

That looks great, there´s never enough dinosaurs.

What are the genera on the picture?

LapisLazuli77
15 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

That looks great, there´s never enough dinosaurs.

What are the genera on the picture?

That dull blue one's Pachycephalosaurus and the orange ones are Dracorex, based on their default Jurassic World Evolution models.

• Thanks 1