Quetzal's Projects

quetzal

I've been watching Hendrix's video and learning how to render zt1 sprites step by step. 

I knew quite a few things compared to the beginning, but there are some problems preventing my project from proceeding. 

One of them is that when I import the .nif file and then load the .bf file in Blender, the model is distorted like this. 

Is this a common case when the .nif file is imported? If so, is there a way to convert the .nif file to .bfb?

(Sorry for my poor English...)

Moose.png

• Love 1

Hawkkeye666

When you import .nif, you must change axis orientation - x from forward and y from up.

13 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

When you import .nif, you must change axis orientation - x from forward and y from up.

I tried rotating the model, but it's not easy to get the exact position right. Can you tell me how to change axis orientation in detail?

Hawkkeye666

As I wrote, when you IMPORT model, you change the axis. Not when is imported.

1992541968_Novrastrovobrzek.jpg.b8218f962ddb94dc940da36a5de9f2ec.jpg

And set forward to x forward.

I decided to work on domestic pig as a test and my first work. Has anyone ever tried this, by any chance?

pork.png

Truly_happy

Just wanted to say your English is nearly flawless. ;) Good luck with your projects!

• Like 1

Hawkkeye666
8 hours ago, quetzal said:

I decided to work on domestic pig as a test and my first work. Has anyone ever tried this, by any chance?

pork.png

I have made tamworth, saddleback, and chinese potbelly for my new part of ungulates.

And collared and chacoan pecari, and visayan warty pig.

And giant forest hog.

It will be released after Fern finishes uploading my content here.

EDIT: I made grassland environment for a few farm animals - Manx Loaghtan, Bilberry Goat, aforementioned pigs and Fiordland Horse. Maybe you can as a first project make your variant of farm with other breeds? This pig looks different from the ones I have already made.

mjmannella

I would like to see some more sheep breeds. Maybe a Sufolk or a Najdi?

On 7/1/2021 at 11:49 PM, Truly_happy said:

Just wanted to say your English is nearly flawless. ;) Good luck with your projects!

Thanks for your warm encouragement and interest in my project!

14 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

I have made tamworth, saddleback, and chinese potbelly for my new part of ungulates.

And collared and chacoan pecari, and visayan warty pig.

And giant forest hog.

It will be released after Fern finishes uploading my content here.

EDIT: I made grassland environment for a few farm animals - Manx Loaghtan, Bilberry Goat, aforementioned pigs and Fiordland Horse. Maybe you can as a first project make your variant of farm with other breeds? This pig looks different from the ones I have already made.

Yes, it seems that no one overlap with this model. There is no way to know the exact breed of this, but I think it's close to Yorkshire.

Your and my projects will provide more options for livestock lovers.

On the premise that my work goes smoothly, of course...